Monday, September 8, 2008

Two more ODBD cards

My husband doesn't like me crafting while he's home since he rarely is. I've figured out a way to get some stamping and scrapping done WITHOUT him realizing I'm away from him...pretty sneaky, huh? It doesn't take much for my husband to fall asleep - a few caresses and bingo! Out cold! Yes, sometimes I employ the little technique Ross would do to Rachel on 'Friends' as described to Chandler: A hug for him and a roll for me and I'm FREE! I have yet to roll my husband off the bed - thank goodness for that!

These are two cards I made using Our Daily Bread Designs sets while enjoying some freedom in my craft room:

I used the Light of the World set for this card. This stamp set is just so beautiful! I used two pieces of 4 1/4" x 11" cardstock that were adhered together and cut at opposite angles. For the front I cut coordinating double-sided Stampin' Up scrapbook paper and added it to the front. A 1 1/2" x 12" piece of cardstock was used to make the band. I heat embossed the scripture and light house on watercolor paper and popped some parts out for dimension. The little brown "moss" is a product called Flower Soft in Nut Brown. You can find more information on that HERE and added a Dew Drop from the Fresh Mowed Grass bottle. The finished card measures 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" when closed.

I used Fruit of the Spirit for this last one. I love the details on all the fruits which made it so easy for me to add color and dimension. I ran the printed paper through my Cuttlebug with the Swirls embossing folder and used a sanding block to lightly distress the raised parts. I used a Martha Stewart punch to thread the burgundy ribbon through the top and bottom. The oval and scalloped oval were created with my Nestabilities (which I love because it cuts AND embosses!). The little "v"'s are from a Stampin' Up photo corner punch. Again, I chose which images to pop out and added Crystal Effects to obtain more depth. The card is a 5/12" square.
Make sure to visit Our Daily Bread Designs (ODBD) to view more sets Kelley has to offer. She will be releasing new ones soon so bookmark her shop :).

Until next time,

9 comments:

  1. just amazing! love them :O)

    and now...
    TAG, you're it! go to my blog and see what I got you for! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Both of these are amazing - I love all the details - that fruit bowl just blows me away!!

    I'm new to your blog, but totally impressed with your work and so I left you an award on my blog!

    Hugs, Jami

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I'm crazy about your lighthouse cards! They're positively amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ack! Just gorgeous, both of them! Your cards seriously make me swoon!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of these are amazing! Great mix of colors and DP choices!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome job you did with the crystal effects and layering! Spectacular work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of the cards are stunning! Love all your detailed work!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you!