Saturday, September 27, 2008

Clear Dollar Stamps Sneak Previews!

Woo Hoo!! It is finally time for some much awaited Clear Dollar Stamps sneak peaks of sets that will be released Oct.1. I love the new owl set What A Hoot! There are so many stamps in the set so you'll have plenty to work with, from creating a cute flowery tree branch for this cutie to perch on to making him the star of a winter scene made with other Clear Dollar Stamps that you already own.

For the first card I wanted to use both owl stamps. You'll get one small and one large owl in the set! One of the DT challenges was to make it furry, fluffy or fuzzy so I broke out with my good ol' tube of Liquid Applique and some Fun Flock. Card Recipe:

Stamp: Clear Dollar Stamps "What A Hoot"

Ink: Versamark, SU Old Olive, Close To Cocoa and Always Artichoke

Paper: SU Pumpkin Pie and Apricot Appeal, DCWV Fall Stack, watercolor paper

Supplies: Nestabilities Classic Circle Small and Classic Scallop Circle Small, orange mini brad, rust orange grosgrain ribbon, sewing machine, watercolor markers, black embossing powder, Liquid Applique, SU Crystal Effects, foam adhesive

I wanted to make a winter scene for the owl to star in so I incorporated 3 other Clear Dollar Stamps sets, Country Barn, Autumn Blessings and For Our Lord (sentiment) which are currently available. I'm telling you, the Clear Dollar Stamps are so versatile and work so well with each other that you'll have fun finding out ways to use the sets together! Card Recipe:

Stamp: All Clear Dollar Stamps What A Hoot, Country Barn, Autumn Blessings and For Our Lord

Ink: Versamark

Paper: SU Close To Cocoa, Chocolate Chip and Bliss Blue, DCWV Fall Stack, watercolor paper

Supplies: white and black embossing powders, light blue mini brads, ribbon loops, light blue sheer ribbon, watercolor markers, Liquid Applique, white Fun Flock, Post-It (for masking), foam adhesive, sewing machine

Continue to visit my blog for more Clear Dollar Stamp sneak peeks!


12 comments:

  1. These cards are stunning, I havn't been here before but will definately be coming back. hugs Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my gosh, Lorelie, these are simply the most adorable snowy owls I've ever seen! Your creativity is amazing! I'm in love with these cards!! Thanks for the fabulous sneak peeks!!! :) hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you combined all those stamp sets in your 2nd card. That is an amazing scene you created.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i ABSOLUTELY love these cute owl cards! Love how you combined the one with the barn scene!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I am NOT an owl person but this owl is SO CUTE!! I love both cards. I like the house one with the hardware treatment. Make me one like that!!! Great layout too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I shall start calling you the stamping diva!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the tag!! The snow scene is lovely!! I never thought of making a snow owl!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are both so adorable! I just love the second one with the snowy cottage in the background!
    smiles, Jami

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those cards are so adorable. Don't u just love that set??? You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They're GORGEOUS!! I have to check out that set!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both of the cards are fantastic! I love the stamps and how you played with them! You did an amazing job! The second scene you create is fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. awwww that little owl is just too cute also! I just might have to get both now LOL! Your cards are FAB! you inspire me like crazy!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you!