Friday, September 5, 2008

Oh so velvety!! New Tutorial and Blog Candy

This is one super simple texturing technique that uses Liquid Applique (made by Marvy Uchida). So, gather your materials:
  • heat gun

  • Liquid Applique
  • brayer

  • cardstock

  • matching ink pad


Squirt a generous amount of Liquid Applique on your cardstock. If you already know the size of your project you could use a smaller piece of cardstock, saving you some of that wonderful Liquid Applique. Brayer the Liquid Applique to cover the entire piece of cardstock. I brayed only in one direction, but you can do both vertically and horizontally to get a smoother texture. IMMEDIATELY wash your brayer - if you let the applique dry on it you'll be spending the day peeling that stuff off.
Heat with your gun.
Notice how the applique dries white? I used a direct-to-paper with my ink pad to change the color so it will match the cardstock, in this case Stampin' Up's Blush Blossom. Here' s my finished card :). I used two stamps sets from Clear Dollar Stamps called Leaves and For Our Lord. Close-up of the texture you get using this technique!

As always, I love what you have to say about my tutorials, and even better when you try them out and show me what you've created! Everyone who leaves me a comment (no card creations needed...but it would be great!) will receive this huge Prima Marketing set called Build-A-Frame...ooh....ahh.. Winner will be randomly chosen and announced September 22.
This is what you can make with them...awesome, right?
Don't forget to subscribe for my blog updates so you'll never miss a tutorial and blog candies! Remember to put a number next to your post...I forgot to include that so #'s 1 and 2 are already posted :).
From my craft room to yours,

55 comments:

  1. what a great look! i wish i had some of those supplies to make this- great card and tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this tutorial. This is a new technique for me. Plus, your card is beautiful! Thanks also for the RAK. I would love to have those stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow wow your card is just beautiful. i noticed it on the cricut mb. thank you for the tutorial heading to m's tonight to get that liquid applique and a brayer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lorelie I didnt notice the texture when I saw this in the cricut board and I thought it was gorgeous then!! now I think its even better! I dont have a brayerbut Im sure its something I will invest in before long after all the wonderful things Ive seen done with it.

    Love the blog candy lol I spy butterflies in there :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 5. Great tutorial and what a super simple technique with great results! I WILL be trying this one! Love your card, I adore the way you have matted it !

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your card...love those stamps too. Beautiful color combo. Thanks for sharing.

    Aaron Boardley

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your cards and your tutorials are easy to follow. thanks for sharing.

    kat

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great tutorial! I just got some liquid applique, what stamp set did you use? It's lovely!
    Tracy (Cricut MB)
    pinkvanillarose

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another awesome technique! I don't have the liquid applique, but I have all the other supplies...wonder if it would work with Mod Podge? Hmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your tutorial, and the card is so pretty. TFS
    11
    eileenpaul

    ReplyDelete
  12. hmmmm have to try this one, I think!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. 15. This is so serene and peaceful. What a beautiful card. I love the technique, and immediately thought the paper looked like leather. It is great! I will definitely try it, and I will also be linking from my blog. I will be visiting often!

    BettyBee
    http://BettyBrett.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the lesson! I have some Liquid Applique a friend gave me and didn't quiet know what to do with it, now I can't wait to use it! Thanks for the RAK offer as well, great card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card! Great tutorial! Now I have to get some of these supplies and try this out!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have that Liquid App. stuff, got it on sale for $.25 at Joann's and had NO IDEA what to do with it! THANK YOU SO MUCH for this great technique! I'll be very busy this weekend!

    Thanks for the RAK chance as well!

    LisaO(FozzieFan! on Cricut boards)

    ReplyDelete
  17. that is pretty neat , how the background texture was made , I would have never knew that! thanks your way was very helpful and really appericate it! thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a wonderful site you have and I really enjoyed your tutorials. If you get a chance, stop by and say hi! Oh, I found you at Rachael's Mine to Thine blog.
    Blessings,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  19. #21 - Great technique! Gorgeous card! Thanks for sharing and the sweet candy :) Have a great weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for sharing! Awesome texture ^^



    sena.sagani[at]gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. #23 great blog. Your cards are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  22. #24


    This is amazing! I will have to get the stuff to try this out!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hey Lorelie.... what a great technique!

    PS - love the new look website.

    ReplyDelete
  24. WOW, is all I can say. Just love the way you wrote how to make your cards. I dont have that material, but WOW, your card looks great :)
    Chris
    ChrisVicente from Cricut.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. #27 Thank you so much for the tutorial. I plan to try it today. Thanks for the chance to win that AWESOME stamp set!!!!! Thanks too for the great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  26. #29 your card is so beautiful and a great tutorial I will have to invest in a brayer now! Thanks for the chance of the blog candy too!

    ReplyDelete
  27. 30. love it! Thanks for the tutorials! I'm off to try this one.

    ReplyDelete
  28. love the beautiful work you do, thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lorelie,

    Thanks this awesome tutorial. I LOVE this technique and had a blast. I was visiting last night and had to try it out immediately. Here is my card that I made with it.

    http://katiespaperhaven.blogspot.com/2008/09/sketch-challenge-and-fun-technique-card.html

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks for the tutorial, now aplique is something else i will HAVE TO go buy.
    thanks,
    tiffany
    scottiff@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. How timely Lorelie! I just (and I mead just) bought a brayer and liquid applique. Can't wait to try this. Love your card. Had to comment even though I never win anything. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  32. Simply beautiful card and treat tutorial too. In fact, love all your wonderful creations! enter me in the blog candy ... I love to win that wonderful stamp! Carol

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a great tutorial. Thank you for taking the time to show us how to make such an elegant card. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  34. 37.
    Hi Lorelie,
    I found your blog through Katie's blog and I love it! Can't wait to try this technique!!!
    Blessings and Light,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  35. 38.
    Hi,
    great tutorial! Gorgeous card! Thanks for sharing and for the sweet candy.

    Hugs
    Inge

    ReplyDelete
  36. hey great idea !! i wanna try that, gotta me a brayer now! lol

    ReplyDelete
  37. poooo I love the look of this! gonna have to try it out sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I've done this technique in the past. I don't think mine came out as gorgeous as yours though.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  39. it says there are 42 comments so I must be #43 lol I love that tut and the set is kewl. thanks for the fun!

    http://yelowflowersgarden.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  40. I'm not very good at stamps. I think I need a tutorial just on how to make those borders!! LOL.
    thanks for your giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  41. wow.. so glad I found your site. I haven't tried this technique yet. Sounds easy and fun. Looks great. I would love the frame set as framing is a passion.

    ReplyDelete
  42. 46 - so amazing! I would have never been able to do this without someone showing me how

    ReplyDelete
  43. Love the tutorial. What a unique and easy way to get texture on the page. I will definitely be trying this out!

    ReplyDelete
  44. WOW! That is awesome!! I have to say that I've never tried this technique. Guess I'll be shopping for some liquid applique soon!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Cool idea with the liquid applique! I will have to try that out. I love how the card turned out. Thanks for sharing your ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Hi! Love your blog, and would love to win your awesome prize!

    Sheila
    halohill.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  47. Great technique. Can't wait to try it.

    candyf

    ReplyDelete
  48. WOW! You know it's gonna be a good day when you find a blog like yours! Your cards are beautiful! I have truly enjoyed it! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  49. #53
    I'm so happy I found your blog today and I'm adding you to my google reader! You've done an amazing job on your blog and have many wonderful ideas!
    Great tip that we can all use, thanks! Oh I can’t wait to try this one! Wonderful instructions, so detailed... THANK YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Just found your blog- it's exactly what I've been looking for! Tons of great projects to drool over, and new techniques to try! :)

    ReplyDelete
  51. What a coincidence for me that your tutorial was including Liquid Applique. I just purchased some last week and saw a post on a Craft Critique message to check out your tutorial. Thank you! It's great!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you!