Monday, September 29, 2008

Guardian Angel Door Hanger with Gift Box

I started this project around 4:30 this morning. My hubby left for work and I couldn't go back to sleep and I kept thinking about this Christmas box I got at Target last year. I realized it would make the perfect holder for a door hanger!
I decorated three 4x4 chipboard coasters and attached them together with a long piece of ribbon. I used a brass cross charm for the SCS WT185 challenge as well.

I've included several pictures so you can see all the details...and I was a little camera happy :).

To make the latch for the box I just used two ribbon loops and attached them with pearl brads.

I also covered the bottom of the box with a piece of white cardstock I embossed with the Cuttlebug Floral Fantasy folder because it was a little tacky having a giant Target label on it.
Project Recipe:

Stamp: Angel and Guardian Angel sets from Our Daily Bread Designs

Ink: Versamark

Paper: The Angel Company red sparkle cardstock, SU basic black, Wild Asparagus (red floral print), watercolor paper

Supplies: Hero Arts flatback pearls sticky strip, large flatback pearl brads, ribbon loops, 1" wide grosgrain ribbon, Cuttlebug and Floral Fantasy embossing folder, Prima flowers, Dew Drops, Stickles, foam adhesive, watercolor markers, sewing machine, SU photo corner punch


8 comments:

  1. Lorelie, this just blows me away!! WOW!! What a gorgeous wall hanging, and the gift box is just as gorgeous!!
    hugs, Jami

    ReplyDelete
  2. The most beautiful project I've seen! Just gorgeous! You are very-very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is FANTASTIC!!! Love all the details!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful box! I cant believe you can function enough to create something so beautiful at 4:30 in the morning!LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lorelie this is the coolest project. I absolutely love the box!
    --Becca

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW girl this is gorgeous you ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great project! Hmmm, I'm glad I'm not the only one who has to get out of bed and make something that won't leave me alone!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this little box. I'm going to look for a couple of boxes and make to for some friends that have cancer very bad.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Diana

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you!