Tuesday, June 30, 2009

A red, white and blue TIOT #25!

Welcome to another TIOT for SCACD! With 4th of July just around the corner, we were challenged to use red, white and blue colors on our card. I don't own any patriotic images from SCACD so I emphasized using adorable Catherine from Anki's Sweethearts Series 1. I used this week's Mojo Monday Week 93 sketch and at first I was going to place Catherine in the middle of a star, but then decided she's looked better perched on it :).


Card Recipe:

Stamp: Young Catherine with Friends from Anki's Sweethearts Series 1

Ink: StazOn black

Paper: Karen Foster Designs, SU Real Red cs

Accessories: Spellbinders (Doodle Parts, Classic Large Rectangles, Classic Scallop Large Rectangles), Dress It Up Glitter Dots 14 Karat, Smooch Moonlight (on shirt flower and pants patch), watercolor paper, watercolor markers, Cricut machine, Cricut Plantin Schoolbook cartridge, Sticky Strips

Make sure to stop by July 2 for some exciting news from SCACD!

14 comments:

  1. Wow lorelei this is striking its gorgeous, I have just been colouring the same colours too lool, have a great day huggies June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! I love how you perched this little sweetheart on the star...you are sooo creative!
    Blessings, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Maria, you are so creative!! This is amazing!! Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! How cool does she look sittin' on that star!! Love this - you've worked your magic with all the dimension once again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you made her sit on the star. What an adorable patriotic card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun & so patriotic Lorelie! Love her perched on the star--and the dp is gorgeous. Wish I could sew on my cards, hee hee--looks gorgeous on yours!

    hugz,
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just gorgeous, I love your colouring!
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous card Lorelie,l love the image and colours.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lorelie,
    This card is so striking on so many levels the one I am over the moon about is how you showed the versatility with the stamp by taking away the rock she sits on normally and perched her on the star!!! Your coloring also ROCKS :o)
    Hearts and Hugs
    Susana

    ReplyDelete
  10. FABULOUS!! Love the way you cut out the stamp and sat her on the star......JUST LOVE IT!!! Hugs, t

    ReplyDelete
  11. love this and really like her
    sitting on the star great job
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it! Your stitching is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My gosh, how sweet! I adore the star nand how she's just sitting there! Great job with dimensions. I need to learn that from you! And she's colored so beautifully! Love her!

    Big hugs to you,

    Susan

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you!