While my boys were busy wrestling with each other (according to my BIL, "They're boys! That's what boys do!") I was able to finish two cards. For this first card I used Quiet Waters from Our Daily Bread designs and combined the CC223 and SC233 challenges over at SCS:
I love the cool feeling of the colors Ruby Red and Baja Breeze over white cardstock and the serene image of the doe and fawn in the forest was a perfect fit.Card Recipe:
Stamp: ODBD Quiet Waters
Ink: SU Baja Breeze, Versamark
Paper: SU cs (Ruby Red, Baja Breeze), TAC white cs, white column cs, Prism Simply Smooth white cs
Accessories: Dew Drops Flame, mini flatback pearls, Ranger Super Fine black detail ep, MS flower trio punch
SWING ON OVER TO THE ODBD STORE BECAUSE IT'S A PUNCH-A-BUNCH FRENZY! ALL PUNCHES ARE 25% OFF, BUT HURRY! SALE ENDS SUNDAY, JUNE 21 AT 12:00 AM EST AND IS LIMITED TO STOCK ON HAND. THERE WILL BE A NEW ITEM ON SPECIAL EVERY SUNDAY SO MAKE SURE TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE ODBD NEWSLETTER TO STAY IN-THE-KNOW ABOUT SUPER SUNDAY SPECIALS!
25% DISCOUNT WILL BE APPLIED IN YOUR SHOPPING CART.
***********************************************************************************
I've been having so much playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenges and the girls over there are just the sweetest! I even won an award for last week's sketch (see side bar)!
For the MMSC6 sketch I wanted to use Belle from the Victoria Case Hearts & Hugs Collection for SCACD. Belle was perfect to dimensionalize and I did so by popping out her tutu and bending her arms to add more movement.
Notice the Impressabilities debossing on the white panel? They're my new fave at the moment!
Card Recipe:
Stamp: SCACD Belle, SU So Many Scallops (sentiment)
Ink: Versamark, SU Regal Rose
Paper: Basic Grey Lily Kate pad, K & Company Hannah pad, DCWV Sweet Stack, Prismatic Pink Pack, SU Soft Sky, Impressabilities Butterfly
Accessories: Sparkly Fluff Cotton Candy, white opal Liquid Pearls, Dress It Up Color Me Pink button, white Scrapper's Floss, Ornare corner template, Kaisercraft Rhinestones Soft Pink
************************************************************************************
Peggy and Carolyn were so sweet to give me this beautiful Friendship Blog Award:
This is what the award is about:These blogs are exceedingly charming.
These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends.
They are not interested in self-aggrandizement.
Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers.
Deliver this award to 5-10 bloggers who must choose at least 5-10 more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award.
I would like to share this award with the following:
Jane
Angella
Kathy
Judy
Chris
Angel
************************************************************************************
I'll be randomly selecting a winner for my blog candy in 5 days so enter, enter, enter if you haven't already!
Oh My Lorelie you managed to create two beautiful cards! I'm jealous. The one for MMSC is one of the cutest cards I've ever seen!
ReplyDeleteAbby:)
Good luck with those three boys! A wonderful card Lorelie, as always. What a cute dancer, you must own tons and tons of stamp images you lucky girl!!
ReplyDeleteThank you for joining us at Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge, always honored to view your cards.
Very beautiful cards! The dancer is so cute. I love this colors and papers.
ReplyDeleteSuper cute dancer! And I agree, the first card is very cool feeling, with lots of white space and the pops of color, looks great!
ReplyDeleteHi Lorelie,
ReplyDeleteThought the 1st card had a clean fresh feel to it. Very minimalist but super effective!!! The Belle card ROCKS love the dimension you give her in many ways from embossing the image prior (always dramatic)to popping her tutu and the stitching is fab :o)
Hearts and Hugs
Susana
These are so beautiful, especially the little ballerina. She looks so sweet. :)
ReplyDeleteFantastic cards today, Lorelie!
ReplyDeleteYour ballerina card is the absolute cutest, and your impressabilities do impress me. I am going to have to find those for myself. Love them!! Thanks for playing along with us in the MMSC challenges. I always look forward coming over here to visit and see what you come up with. Always impecable work!!
ReplyDeleteCarolyn, MMDT member
Great Blog Candy Giveaway Throughout June!
http://creativecardcorner.blogspot.com/
Beautiful card Lorelie! Love the little dancer! Good luck with the boys!
ReplyDeleteWow Lorelie! You have been busy and have created two awesome creations!! Love your Quiet waters card using the color challenge!! Love those flowers and the layout!! Your little ballerina is too cute!! YOu did such an awesome job with the sketch!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for the award!! It means so much coming from a special person like you! You are such an inspiration to me in so many ways.
Hugs,
Chris
Lorellie, what a great card..I just want to buy it from you and frame it for my little girls room :) She would love it. You never let us down with your take on the Midnight Madness sketches. Thank you so much for playing..you are an inspiration to so many dear :)
ReplyDeleteWow Lorelie!!! Two incredible cards even with three boys!!! I have two kids here and can't get more than a minute in on the cumputer... NO Way can I stamp right now!!! I love the Quiet Waters one... the wonderful colors and serenety of the image in BB is beautiful!
ReplyDeleteLorelie, I don't even need to say it. You know what is coming! AWESOME GIRLFRIEND. You know I'm your biggest fan!!
ReplyDeleteBe sure to stop by my blog, because ah-hem...you WON my blog candy tonight!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!
Sue
http://mcmahonfive.blogspot.com/
Both are just wonderful but I just {heart} how you did Belle!! Simply gorgeous!! You are just amazing!
ReplyDeleteOMG I LOVE LOVE LOVE the first card so much I want to own it! lol
ReplyDeleteYour first card is so elegant! And ballerina girl is so cute! Love the dimension you created!
ReplyDeleteStrange colors but I still like it! It looks cool! The dancer is so very pretty...great card!
ReplyDeleteGood Morning! I left you a little something on my blog to pick up!
ReplyDeleteSue
http://mcmahonfive.blogspot.com/
Only you could make two gorgeous cards while looking after 3 boys Lorelie!!!! Thanks so much for the award too!!! You are so sweet!!! :)
ReplyDeleteFabulous cards, Lorelie!
ReplyDeleteThe first one is simply gorgoeus, love these colors!
And, of course, Belle is too adorable!
Very well done with three wrestling boys in the house! I'm afraid that's my life everyday! lol My three are growing up soo fast and my little princess too!
Take care!
Blessings, Maria
Gorgeous cards Lorelie. I admire you managing to concentrate with boys running around!!
ReplyDeleteCheckin in with you - those boys must be keeping you busy!! LOL
ReplyDeleteWOW what a card :)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to the award :)
Hugs Gurkiss
Awesome cards! And thanks for the award....what a nice surprise to read it here!!!
ReplyDelete