Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Wacky OCCC and Timeless SCS!

I've been having fun combining challenges into one card. I also figured why bombard you with 10 cards for 10 challenges...I don't want you all to get sick of me! LOL!

This first card is from combining this week's SCS color and sketch challenge. The colors we had to use were SU Purely Pomegranate, Brilliant Blue and Only Orange...YES! BOLD BRIGHTS! The key was to not overwhelm the card with those colors. Once I figured out how much of the colors I wanted to use I worked with this sketch:

I whipped out one of my trusty ODBD sets for this one, Fishers of Men, and came up with this ditty:Hmmm....I don't think a card recipe is required for that one :).

******************************************************************************
The gals over at Our Creative Card Corner put out a color challenge of using SU Regal Rose, Certainly Celery and Bashful Blue while over at Rubberneckers' Wacky Wednesday #12 they Add Imagewanted inchies. And finally, over at Flourishes Timeless Tuesday, a square card was called for which was easy for me since that's the only size I make! So here's what was born from those three if they were to have a creative menage et trois (get your mind out of the gutter!)....hahahaha! I used a Purple Onion Designs stamp set called Blossoms for this one. Again, I doubt if a card recipe is in order :).


15 comments:

  1. I love how you combined all those challenges. Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent combination of challenges on both cards!! Love your subdued use of the bright color combo too! Thanks for playing in the Wacky Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have thought that real red, only orange and brilliant blue would never work together but was I wrong! I love your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you was inspired by these challenges! Really the embossing on the first card, very nice texture! Andyour second card is very cute! Love the inchies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous cards Lorelie,l love the colours.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!
    This is really pretty!
    I love the way the silhouetted flower inchies look on this card!!
    Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Lorelie! These are so gorgeous! I can't believe how you can combine so many challenges! I am lucky if I get two in one... but usually it's one at a time for me! Your work amazes me! You're sooo talented! Great job and I'm so happy Crystal won your candy! Shes a sweetie too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lorelie,
    Well I am in the hospital as I type tonight,been here since Sunday, and had surgery yesterday, my gallbladder was very sick, only functioning at 9%, I have been sick quite some time, but I am certain I am on my way to recovery now. My sweet husband had to leave tonight so that he could go to work as well as check on the house, I got a phone call from him telling me that I got something so special today for my Dad, he just kept telling me how beautiful the card was, over and over,I'm so excited I cannot wait to get home to have a look at the masterpiece,he said oh your Dad will just love this, I am just so grateful, how precious that you would take the to do this, as I said before you touched my heart and I will always have a very special place in my heart that will remind me of your kindness,followed by a smile.Thank you Thank you Thank you,I definitely think you are so precious..God Bless, oh did I say Thank You(hehe)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a Multi-tasker, although never sick of seeing your cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOw .. your cards are so pretty... COngratulations you have a beautiful blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dang, Lorelie, there go my socks again!!!! The Fishers of Men is incredible....perfect coloring and the line is too cool! the second is super fun with the bright colors and different textures!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow great job combing all the challenges, beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lorelie - both of your cards are just beautiful!!!
    Thank you so much for playing along with us :)!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is one BEAUTIFUL card! I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you!