I thought circles in layers would be awesome and a cake was born. No circle containers were used, just paper and two foam square adhesives on each layer to hold them together! There is a strip of cardstock inside the top layer to help anchor the hearts. The hearts were attached with a Flower Soft paper-wrapped wire. I pierced a small hole through the center of the strip of cardstock, stuck the wire through and adhered with adhesive beneath it.
Project Recipe: Stamp: ODBD Love One Another set
Ink: Versafine Onyx, Versamark
Paper: K & Company Classic K Margo pad, Prism Simply Smooth cs, Gina K Luxury white cs
Supplies: Hero Arts pearls, Petaloo Floral Doodles, MS leaf punch, Ranger Super Fine Gold ep, wire ribbon ("With Love"), SU Snail adhesive runner
***********************************************************************************
I love making shaker cards and the Craft Gods know I have PLENTY of acetate sheets to make them! LOL! I thought it was perfect for the challenge and made sure to use papers with circles to keep the theme going. Don't let the photo fool you - those flowers are pink and not lavender.
Card Recipe:
Stamp: SU God's Beauty
Ink: Versafine Onyx
Paper: Making Memories Sabrina pad, Prism Simply Smooth cs, black cs, SU Regal Rose cs
Supplies: acetate sheet, Spellbinders Large Circles die, small pink beads, Kaiser Scrapbook pink gems
Lorelie, I love your cake! What a beauty!
ReplyDeleteOMG, Lorelie...Both of these are stunningly beautiful! I don't know which one I love better. I want them both!! ;)
ReplyDeleteCarolyn
http://creativecardcorner.blogspot.com/
I just discovered your blog-you do amazing work! Everything here is so incredible! Thank you for sharing your talent-I'm now a follower.
ReplyDeleteLorelie, you knocked my socks off twice today!!!! The wedding cake is totally fabulous, creative, gorgeous....wow! And the shaker card is sooooo stinkin' cool and beautiful at the same time! You are da-bomb, girlfriend!!!
ReplyDeleteThat butterfly card is stunning!
ReplyDeleteWhat a gorgeous creation Lorelie.
ReplyDeleteHugs Riet.x
Holy Moley, girl, that cake is just AWESOME!! Beautiful shaker too!
ReplyDeleteI haven't been blurfing in awhile and I can see that I have missed some things! I love your new picture and your header! Did you make it?
Yummo!! LOL!! Beautiful!!!!
ReplyDeleteWOW, what a take on the cake!! I also like the butterfly shaker card, not that may crafters make them right now. I made my first several months ago and now have made the total of 4, they are addicting!!
ReplyDeleteYour wedding cake is stunning! Very creative! Love your shaker card too! So beautiful!!!
ReplyDeleteYour cake is amazing! And I love your card too!
ReplyDeleteHi. This is a great card. Like the shake thing very much. Your other cards look great to. Gr. Ineke
ReplyDeleteoh how funny I made a cake also the other day for my cousins wedding...it was so hard to figure out LOL! yours came out LOVELY come by my blog and see what I came up with...it wasn't easy haha! I don't think it will be that hard re-creating it now that I've done the first one.
ReplyDeleteJust love that cake! So creative, delicate and I loved reading how it all came together. So totally cool!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun wedding cake ... it would make an adorable center piece.
ReplyDeleteWOW! not just *shaped* but actually 3-DIMENSIONAL! how cool is that??! (hint: it is totally awesome!) :)
ReplyDeleteThat cake is stunning. So very beautiful.
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely beautiful! What a fabulous design!
ReplyDelete