Saturday, May 1, 2010

Welcome to the Our Daily Bread designs “May Day” Blog Hop!

Hello everyone! Welcome to Our Daily Bread designs May Release Blog Hop! The hop will run from May 1 through Monday, May 3 at 8PM Eastern Time. The winners will be announced on the ODBD blog on Tues. May 4.

Here are the NEWLY RELEASED SETS:

God%27s%20Hand

For%20the%20Graduate As%20You%20Graduate

So for our hop, you are going to collect flowers from each designer to fill your May basket! If you got here from Connie’s Blog, you are in the right place! If not, you might want to go to the ODBD Blog and start from there so you don't miss anyone!

There will be three winners for this hop. Each winner will receive a $15.00 store credit toward stamps at the Our Daily Bread designs store!
Here is what you need to do to qualify to win:
1. Hop from blog to blog, leaving a comment and collecting the flower that designer is giving away.
2. Return to the ODBD blog and leave a comment that you completed the hop and left comments for each designer. If you were unable to leave a comment for any one, just state their name in the comment and you will still be entered into the drawing. This is meant to be fun, not stressful.
3. Send Grace an email at gnywening@yahoo.com giving her the names of the designers and the flowers you collected.
If for any reason you get lost along the way, just return to the
ODBD Blog for the list of names.


Now on to my card details:

Many will be graduating in June and ODBD’s two new graduation sets are a welcome add-on to your stamp collection to make those special cards and projects for your graduate! I used the As Your Graduate set for my ensemble:

ODBD 083

ODBD 084 ODBD 085

The little graduation cap pop is made up of a miniature Reese’s peanut butter cup, a peanut butter Ghirardelli square, a strip from an Airhead Xtreme candy and a star candy sprinkle. My son wants me to make these for his classmates at the end of the year. I can’t believe he’ll be in middle school next year! I wish I could say that it was all my idea, but it’s from a fabulous site called Bakerella. Go check it out!

From here you will hop to Deb’s Blog, but before you leave, here is the flower I'm giving you:

MARIGOLDS

marigolds6

Challenges for my card:

Mojo Monday – MOJO136

Paper Cutz – Challenge #39

Paper Play – Challenge Week 17 Pretty Pastels

Card Recipe
Stamp: ODBD As You Graduate
Ink: Versamark, StazOn black, Stampin Up (Summer Sun, Mauve Mist, Orchid Opulence, Bordering Blue, Ballet Blue)
Paper: Basic Grey Kioshi pad, Stampin Up Orchid Opulence, DCWV Metallic Stack
Accessories: Martha Stewart 3-in-1 Butterfly punch, EK Success Morocco Lace border punch, black embossing powder, Spellbinders (Classic Large Circles, Large Pinking Circles), Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder, silver cording, white linen ribbon, Bow-Easy

102 comments:

  1. Lorelie you are so creative! I love your card... the way you colored the sky is breath taking!!! Your grad cap is too yummy!!! I'd love to sink my teeth in right now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lorelie love both your card and your little chocolate treat! The popped up butterflies are the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay, now...this is just too CLEVER!! what fun!! and your card is just beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colors you used, everything I've seen lately seemed so dark. It is very pretty, TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card and colors, you colored the stamp perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So soft and pretty Lorelie! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lorelie, as usual, your card is outstanding! You can almost walk down that lane and your colors soothe the soul.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing your beautiful card. Love your use of punches. The candy graduation cap is too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lorelie, you are just SO clever!!! This card is amazing - love your sky! And that chocolate grad cap is just too delicious!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lor, I LOVE your gorgeous scene!!! What an awesome card, and the graduation cap shows your creative genius!!! God bless ya, GF!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful work! I just love the way you colored the sky. Really lovely! hugs, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so pretty..Love the cap pop, how creative.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the soft colors you used. and thanks for sharing the graduation cap pop.
    Nola

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely look to your card. The coloring is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So glad to see something feminine ! Lovely colors and design!

    blessings, pat

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a pretty card. I love how you did your sky. I love, love the graduation cap, so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Lor your card is just sooo beautiful! Love the pastel colors. Oh and that candy is adorable! What fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my word your card is BEAUTIFUL!!! That graduation cap is soooo fun and creative sweetie!! Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome card! Love the colors, the punched and die cut panels and your fantastic colored image!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the bright cheerful colors in your card. Beautiful coloring of the sky! Beautiful card.

    Thank you for sharing.
    Carol Froehlich

    ReplyDelete
  21. How wonderfully soft and subtle. What a beautiful card for a female graduate. That sky is so gorgeous and I am so loving that sweet graduation mortar board! Your graduate is going to love this one. God Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  22. The sky is so bright and wonderful, kind of reflects the hopes for a graduate toward a bright future...love it...
    Denise Trottier

    ReplyDelete
  23. Jaw dropping! The colors are fabulous. The sky is amazing! The grad cap is just adorable. Hope your son's class isn't to large!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is awesome but you have the wrong link at PCC. Please re list so everyone can see your beautiful card and the cute candy!!!
    Thanks for sharing on pcc this week.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is beautiful, Lorelie! I love the soft colors and wonderful punch work. Your little grad cap is yummy and so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your card is beautiful! I love your sky!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a vibrant and lovely card!

    Jennifer L

    Love the candy cap too!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lorelie, thanks for the link to Bakerella. I will add it to my cooking sights that I go to but never use the recipes, just drool and this one looks like a good one to drool over. I love how you always have a little something to add along side your cards as added inspiration. Your card is fabulous. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  29. HOW EXQUISITE! This is UNBELIEVABLY GORGEOUS! And how creative is that cap??? AWESOME idea!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great card. Love the soft colors and teh layout is really great. Thanks for the link to bakerella. Neat cap idea

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great card; the candy hat is a great addition to the card.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh wow, fantastic!! That sky is amazing, and I love the soft, pretty feminine colours and feel, with the bow and pretty lace border.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Very nice card Lorilee. It's a nice change to see the pastel colors. I love the edging done with the Marhta Stewert punches.
    Hugs,
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  34. This is so soft and lovely! Beautiful use of subtle, feminine colors! God bless! Lori

    ReplyDelete
  35. Your card is wonderful, but I have to admit I really love the grad pops. Who wouldn't enjoy those.
    Thanks for sharing and thanks for the marigolds and allowing us to participate in this hop.
    Marcie

    ReplyDelete
  36. You card is beautiful, and the pops are an added bonus. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love the colors in the sky it was a nice change from the other cards.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Lorelie, I think that the sky in this card is absolutely perfect, especially for a graduate! It makes me feel as though I could walk right into a bright future! The candy treat is a really cool idea - Thank you for sharing the card and the website . . . Hugs, Magi

    ReplyDelete
  39. I was thinking of the grad walking off into the sunset but I much prefer the 'bright future' mentioned by 'Anonymous' in the prior comment. At any rate, the card is lovely. The grad cap is so clever...thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  40. What a beautiful graduation card! The sunset is gorgeous! It has a feminine feel for the girl graduate! I love the chocolate graduation cap too! What a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Stunning card Lorelie!! Your goodies are always so clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  42. How fantastic is this Lorelie?!!! Your card is beautiful and the lollipop is so cute! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  43. wow, so far this card has made the biggest impression on me. it has so many different things going on. the borders and the dimension and the cobblestone sidewalk. that's just the first few things i saw that i liked.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Awesome card! Love the design, the soft colors, the butterflies! And that candy treat is so clever! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Oh that looks just dreamy Lorelie! Gorgeous soft colors for the sky! And your grad cap is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Wow!!! love your card , it is so soft and beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  47. Oh, my, what a creative ensemble. No wonder your son wants you to make these for his graduating classmates.

    Marilyn M.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Ohhhhhhhhhhh my. Your colours are so very beautiful. You did a stunning job with this image.

    ReplyDelete
  49. What a lovely card. You did a great job. Thanks for sharing the little graduation candy. It is adorable. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Beautiful card. Love the colors and the punch you used too. Oh yum what a sweet treat. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  51. I just lOVE this card - the colors are so perfect and look like we could just walk up the path -- also love the ppos - neat idea
    Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  52. Oh gorgeous! Love your sky background and the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  53. I love the beautiful spring colors on this card. So soft and pretty!
    And what a fun treat idea to go along with it. Thanks for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  54. So soft and pretty. This is a beautiful card. That sky is unbelievable. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  55. This is so pretty....I love your colors...and your candy hat....what a clever idea.....even if it's not your.....great job....

    ReplyDelete
  56. This will be a great card for some special girl with allthe pink, it is ever so girlie. :)Your candy is way to cool!

    ReplyDelete
  57. Hi Lorelie, this is really pretty! I love your punch. Beautiful sky the coloring is beautiful!! Great job! Really cute graduation cap!

    ReplyDelete
  58. I love the way you colored the sky on your gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  59. I love the colors you chose. It's such a pretty card. The grad caps are sooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  60. Love the chocolate graduation cap! The card is adorable too!

    ReplyDelete
  61. Beautiful soft and subtle colors. Love the punch work that you did.

    ReplyDelete
  62. Love the soft and subtle colours you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  63. I just love the colors your chose for your Graduation card. Outstanding.
    Mary Crook

    ReplyDelete
  64. soft and sweet colors! Love that yummy chocolate sample!

    ReplyDelete
  65. Lovely pastels on your card and that graduation cap is an eye catcher!! Thanks for the marigolds!

    ReplyDelete
  66. Hi Lorelie!! Your card is beautiful!! I just love the colors and elegant design!! The pastel colors are so soothing and gorgeous. Incredible coloring! That cap sure looks yummy girl!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  67. Liked the way you took a somewhat dark image and lightened it with the pale papers. I wouldn't have thought of it, but it works so well. Thanks for the marigolds.

    ReplyDelete
  68. I like your punched papers and pastel colours!

    ReplyDelete
  69. Card and Candy. Great colors and presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  70. Being that your almost the last blog to see, and after looking at many great color combinations, I have to say that the pastels colors make a difference. Excellent job. Thanks for the Marigolds!!

    ReplyDelete
  71. The use of pastels are just beautiful. I think this is one of my favorite cards. They are all so pretty, but the pastel colors are such a wonderful effect.

    ReplyDelete
  72. Beautiful card...so soft and sweet looking.

    ReplyDelete
  73. Pretty colors in pastel tones. Soft texture go great. Good job

    ReplyDelete
  74. I love this, the soft pastels give it such a different feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  75. This is wonderful, the card is sweet, and the gift/presentaiton is fun.

    ReplyDelete
  76. Beautiful card in the pastels and the grad caps are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  77. What a beautiful card! Love the sunset! And such a clever mortar board...gotta love that use of chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  78. A totally different take on this image and I love it. Thanks for sharing the adorable treat!

    ReplyDelete
  79. Love the pastel colors. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  80. Love the soft spring colors of your card! What a neat graduation chocolate too! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  81. What pretty pastels for a graduation card. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  82. Your card brings my mind to a new sunrise which I feel is so appropriate for the new days ahead of a graduate. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  83. A very lovely card. The cap is just tooooo cute! I can imagine many other moms doing these after seeing it here.

    ReplyDelete
  84. Loved the sky an the way it changes from one shade to another.

    ReplyDelete
  85. Very creative card. Love the graduation cap candies. Very clever.
    TFS

    ReplyDelete
  86. Lovely card! TFS the cute candy idea! LeAnn

    ReplyDelete
  87. Love the candy grad cap. And the sunrise in your card is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  88. Your sky coloring is absolutely gorgeous, that's one I'd love to see for real. I love the color scheme you used, and how you made it look soft, sort of hazy like it would really look if one was looking toward the sun, and the white pathway is the perfect touch. Those grad caps are just great, I would love to use that idea!

    ReplyDelete
  89. I'm with others in saying that I just love your sky! It looks so much like the real thing. Thank you for sharing such a lovely card.
    Donna G

    ReplyDelete
  90. LOVE the sky colors!!! So pretty, beyond words!!

    ReplyDelete
  91. I don't know how you do it day after day, come up with such beautiful cards and so much inspiration for the rest of us. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  92. What a lovely card. The colors are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  93. Beautiful -- wonderful soft colours.

    ReplyDelete
  94. Absolutely gorgeous!!

    ~Cissy

    ReplyDelete
  95. Very pretty colors. Love the choc. graduation cap. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  96. Love the card, very creative

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you!