Friday, May 14, 2010

Flowers Abound!

There’s a new ODBD Shining Light Challenge up and it smells like flowers! The ODBD CT is asking for flowers in your creations so break out your precious stash (I’m talking to all you hoarders! I’m guilty of hoarding, too!) and play them up in your cards or projects.

I actually used my Martha Stewart punch to add my floral accents to my ensemble, along with the ODBD For the Graduate and As You Graduate sets:

ODBD 113

ODBD 115 ODBD 114

I loved the tealight cake idea from Splitcoast and thought it would be neat to use it on a cake box I cut from my Cricut Expression (cut at 8.5”). I traced a circle using a Spellbinders die on top of the cake box and cut out a hole. The size I chose was a snug fit so that the tealight didn’t need to be secured in any way.

ODBD 120

Get all the details of the current Shining Light Challenge HERE. We hope you’ll play along because we love seeing your creations!

Card and Cake Box Recipe
Stamp: ODBD For the Graduate and As You Graduate
Ink: Versamark
Paper: Making Memories Sabrina pad, Cricut black 12x24 cardstock
Accessories: Cricut (Expression machine, Tags, Bags, Boxes and More cartridge – cake box), Fiskars Effervescence border punch, Hero Arts Pearls, black embossing powder, flickering tealight, Martha Stewart 3-in-1 Hydrangea punch, black linen ribbon, Bow Easy

5 comments:

  1. Wowwww Lorelie,what a beautiful set,i love your image and your papers.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh, Lorelie, this is so absoltely gorgeous!!! The black/white...stunning and those stamps you chose...fabulous. Those little flowers are the coolest on the trees. What a great gift set! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! This is an amazing card and gift set, Lorelie. Love the little punched flowers in the trees.

    ReplyDelete
  4. are these really handmade?! these are wonderful..the box..and the design..looks very difficult to make because it's too pretty....

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning Lorelie!! I just love your piece of pie, your colors, and designs!! you are so creative girl!! Thanks for joining the Shining the Light challenge and showing your support. We so appreciate you Lor!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you!