Sunday, May 23, 2010

Play along with the ODBD Shining the Light Challenge

There’s a new Shining the Light Challenge posted over at the Our Daily Bread designs blog so I hope many of you will participate! This week’s challenge is to make the sentiment or scripture the focal point of your card or project. Very easy, especially if you own ODBD stamp sets because the scriptures are so beautifully made that they can stand alone on any card!

I’m still LOVING the paper flowers I’ve been making, thanks to Beate’s tutorial. Here’s my card for the ODBDSLC14 Sentiment Challenge using a scripture from the For the Graduate set:

ODBD 124

I used the negative cut out of the Spellbinders Classic Frame die. A great way to use those scraps! I love the open space it gave me to place designer paper under it and add texture with my Cuttlebug.

I took inspiration from the movie “Becoming Jane” which is the current challenge over at Cinema Saturday.  I wanted my card to look timeless as Austen’s work truly is timeless.  Her writings were of hope for the future and oddly enough I think the Jeremiah scripture fit that idea.

Enter your sentiment card today by linking your post over at the ODBD Blog and you just may grab a Shining the Light Award badge to display on your blog or even win an ODBD gift certificate!

Challenge for this card:

Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge #80 – Becoming Jane (use flowers and pearls)

Card Recipe
Stamp: ODBD For the Graduate
Ink: Versamark
Paper: Memory Box Rhubarb Tart, DCWV La Crème Stack, Jenni Bowlin Vintage Red Line
Accessories: Spellbinders Classic Frame, Spellbinders Large Oval, Martha Stewart Arch Lattice border punch, Martha Stewart branch punch, black embossing powder, Prima Holiday Poinsettia (leaves), Cuttlebug Textile Texture embossing folder, Tim Holtz Tattered Florals Alterations die, Glue Dots

11 comments:

  1. What a BEAUTIFUL card Lorelie.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Lorelie! This is stunning! I love your creativity and your use of the negative spellbinders cuts! Such awesome details. Thanks for linking to the ODBD Shining the Light Challenge. Hope all is well!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the card
    that is also one of my favorite scrptures from the Bible!
    How is ETSY going?
    still sod out?
    hahaaaaaaaaaaaaha
    love
    **Milu**

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lor, oh my word, this is so GORGEOUS!!! I absolutely love your choice of colors and those flowers....you go girl!! :D:D. Thanks so much for taking the time to play along in the Shining the light Challenge this week. Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, love the flowers you created

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lorelie, this card of yours is so beautifully done! Love all of your details. The paper flowers are perfect!
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  7. VERY pretty! I love your flowers, looks perfect for the challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy smokes, this is hot, hot, hot!!! Love the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your paper flowers look great! I like the print you used.

    -Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an absolutely lovely card - and your flower and pearl elements are simply GORGEOUS!!! I simply ADORE how you put all these elements together. The scripture verse is very inspiring and I love how you tied it in with Austen's writings as timeless...

    Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge Tanya - sorry its taken awhile to post my comment - its been a busy three weeks with end of school activities! But just wanted to drop by and thank you for playing along with us! Hope you had fun and will join with us again soon !!
    Big hugs,
    Sankari :)

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you!