Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Teacher and Staff Appreciation Week and Glue Dots goodies!

We love to show our teachers and staff over at Ronald Reagan Elementary how much we appreciate all their hard work in furthering our children’s education so I took the time to make some extra special treats, thanks to bakerella.com. I took her creation and mixed and matched flavors to create my own cake pops!

Here are two cake pop bouquets made with chocolate or vanilla covered yellow cake with toasted coconut and colored sugar sprinkles:

Cake Pop Bouquet

This carrot cake bouquet is for one of my son’s teacher who loves carrot cake and the colors blue and pink. The border and sentiment is from the Give Thanks and Vine Borders sets by Our Daily Bread designs and the gorgeous pink Prima Lilies can be found over at McMahon Five Designs:

Food 011

Food 010

Here’s an Oreo Truffle pop and what these and the cake pops look like when I…umm…took a taste test. Hey, all bakers should always taste their creations for quality control…ALWAYS! LOL!

26545_1428769638139_1199766799_31248163_5381115_n 26545_1428769678140_1199766799_31248164_640882_n Food 007

So, did you gain 5 lbs. just by looking at the sinfully sweet treats? I made sure to give them all away. Well, except for maybe 2 or 3 or 5. For my kids…for my kids! Sheesh! LOL!

On another sweet but CALORIE-FREE note…I was chosen as Glue Dots Fan of the Week over on Facebook and look at the goodies they sent me:

GD

Thank you, Glue Dots!! I was running low so these will definitely be put to good use! If you haven’t used them, you really should. They have all different kinds for all your crafting needs!

Thanks for taking a look at my baked goods! Sorry if I made you drool….

3 comments:

  1. Why am I not surprised that these look so fabulous!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! I was so blinded by the treats, I didn't even see the lilies! LOL! Beautiful treat!!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you!