Monday, March 15, 2010

ODBD’s Second Anniversary Celebration Challenges – Day 3

Welcome to Day 3 of Our Daily Bread designs’ Second Anniversary Challenges! If you’ve been following along with the celebration challenges (Day 1 was Cotton and Day 2 was China Inspiration) then you’ll want to take part in Day 3 which is to use Silver or Gold.

Today, we continue our Anniversary theme. As with all our challenges, it was announced on the Our Daily Bread designs blog on Mar. 7th so you could get a head start, and we hope you had a chance to do that, but if not there is still time!

Silver and Gold are the traditional gifts for those special milestones in a marriage... the 25th and 50th Anniversaries. Today's challenge is to make a project that includes silver and/ or gold. The only stipulation is that it must be new work, no back links please! Be sure to place a link to this challenge in your post, and be sure to link your project to Mr Linky below by 8pm EST tonight!

Here is my silvery card using the beautiful Easter Blessings set which I plan to use in making my cards for this blessed season:

ODBD 008

ODBD 009

The winner will be chosen by random and will receive a $25.00 Gift Certificate for stamps from the ODBD Store! The winner will be announced on the ODBD Blog post tomorrow when we issue the next challenge! Please be sure to visit all the blogs linked below, and leave a comment for each designer, because there is hidden candy on some of the blogs! Here’s the list of the DT members who participated in the Silver/Gold Challenge:

Debi Southard

Dawn Lusk

Lorelie Kim (Me!)

Kathy Jones

Becca Feeken

Chris Olsen

Patter Cross

Connie McCotter

America Kuhn

You will not know where it is, but if your name is chosen and you have left a comment for the designers... you will win it!!! You won't know how many have candy each day... so be sure to visit them all and leave some love!
Winners of the individual blog candy will be announced by the blog owners who had the candy on the next day on their blogs. There will also be a big announcement on March 19th here on the ODBD Blog recapping ALL the winners... the challenges, the blog candy, and the blog hop winners! So be sure to check back here then!!!

So now, go visit, leave some love and then go create something fun and link it to Mr Linky by 8:00pm EST tonight for your chance to win!!! *If uploading to SCS or other on line gallery, please use key word ODBD2AC3.

Please come back tomorrow for Day 4 of the celebration!!

Card Recipe
Stamps: ODBD Easter Blessings and Love
Ink: Versamark, ODBD Turquoise ink pad
Paper: K & Company Floral Dreams pad, SU cardstock (Certainly Celery, Tempting Turquoise), Canson watercolor paper
Accessories: Spellbinders (Labels Eleven, Classic Scalloped Circles Large), Scor-Pal, Ranger Silver embossing powder, silver pearls, May Arts silver sheer ribbon, watercolor markers, Bow-Easy

58 comments:

  1. Just beautiful, looks like spring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous Lor!!! These colors together are sooooo pretty! I just love them and I love this lily of the valley embossed in silver! Beautiful texture, sewing... everything is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my! This is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! lovin' the silver!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lorelie, this is so, so gorgeous!! Love the silver embossing and delicate colours!! Love the scored BG and gorgeous ribbon too!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have done the Lily proud. Just love it

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just gorgeous! LOVE the beautiful colors on the white. A stunning card! Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your color combo, with all the touches of silver, is so gorgeous and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  8. how beautiful Lor!! the KC paper/colors is so perfect... gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your colors are just gorgeous Lorelie! So pretty and soft!

    Ramona
    http://create-with-joy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love seeing silver used, your combination is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a pretty card! I'm never disappointed to check out what you share -- wonderful inspiration! The colors are beautiful! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the wonderful inspiration .The colours are so good together !

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is one gorgeous and inspiring Anniversary card. Love the colors and layout of this card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, WOW1 You ladies are just all so amazing! So much talent! Love it all. Wish I could make cards half as nice as yours!
    TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a pretty card and the silver just the right amount for that delicate touch. Wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely love this....and your paper is to die for....such inspiration........thank you

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very pretty. Love the colors. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  18. gorgeous, love the colors and the scoring in the background

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wowzer!! I just love the colors and design on this one!! Your silver embossing and coloring on this one is exquisite!! Awesome take on the silver/gold challenge!! So elegant, Lorelie!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely creation! The colors are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So pretty and springy, Lor!! I LOVE how you arched the sentiment...gonna have to give that a try sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow.... nice and springy and makes me feel so good.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wonderful layering and color usage.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the splash of color!

    ReplyDelete
  25. WOW, Lorelie, this card is so delicate and beautiful!!!! I absolutely love the way you did the lily of the valley and those little silver touches on the bow....AWESOME!!! Stunning take ont he silver/gold challenge!!! Hugs and blessins, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  26. Super! The silver isn't overwhelming... it just makes the card extra special. I think I will do some scraplifting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. wow!! This is just stunning.. I love the colors and the silver.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful card and love the silver and the flowers too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love the silver embossed lily of the valley! So pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love the soft colors you used in this card. Perfect for Easter/spring. The gold and silver play very well.

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a lovely spring card...beautiful!
    Jan Castle

    ReplyDelete
  32. Teal is one of my favorite colors love it just got to get this stamp I love it

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh my! Isn't that beautiful! I am so partial to lily of the valley and your color combo is terrific. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  34. Stunning card!! I love all the little details - the dry embossing on the background and your little silver pearls!! Everything works perfectly together.

    ReplyDelete
  35. WOW! Love the elegance & colors! Great artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  36. This is such a beautiful card! The colors are wonderful together and your embossing is so perfect!

    Hugs,
    Jennfer L

    ReplyDelete
  37. Wow! Lorelie~

    It looks like you were waiting for this challenge. This is just beautiful! I love the texture from the embossing, and the colors are so SPRINGY!!!

    Happy 2nd Anniversary ODBD!

    He IS Able,
    Traci S.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Ohhh this is ABSOLUTELY STUNNING! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Wow. Pretty! Love the layering of the two sizes of scallop circles!

    ReplyDelete
  40. What a beautiful spring card! That lily of the valley is my fave of the new designs.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Gee, you people are KILLING ME! Every time I go to another designer's link I have to empty my drool bucket AGAIN! LOL This is so stunning. I love the silver embossing and the papers you chose are perfect. Thanks for gracing us with your wonderful card today. :D

    ReplyDelete
  42. Beautiful embossing! Love this spring anniversary card!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Cool, and very pretty. I love the colors you chose. Thanks for letting us ee it. Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  44. Amazing. Love the silver with those colors.

    ReplyDelete
  45. This is a very classy card! I love the colors! It is a breath of spring!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Very pretty card - especially the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  47. What a lovely card. The silver is so elegant. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Wow girl!! Stunning card! I love that dreamy DP and all the elegant details!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Gorgeous card! The silver with those springy colors really goes well together.

    ReplyDelete
  50. oh how sweet is this Lorelie. The simplicity and elegance are very uplifting.
    HW(UK)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  51. I love the way you did the layering on this card!

    ReplyDelete
  52. I think this is #1 now!! Jsut pulled into first place!!!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you!