I had so much fun creating the tile coaster from my previous post that I had to make more…this time adding all the finishing touches! Once again, I borrowed the idea from the fabulous Betty Wright with just a few little tweaks.
I made this coaster gift set using each of the flowers from the Easter Blessings, Happy Easter and The Lord Has Risen sets as well as Scripture Collection 4:
I wiped down the tile to take off any grit and grime on the surface. I then stamped the image and scripture using black StazOn ink, making sure to let it dry completely. Believe it or not, I WATERCOLORED the image! The tile took the colors amazingly well. I used Moonlight Smooch for the Lily of the Valley to let the white pop. I let each tile air dry because I didn’t want my heat gun blowing any of the wet watercolor off. After they were completely dry I sprayed each tile with Dresden Clear Glaze Gloss Finish. I used one made by Design Master I got from Joann’s for $4.99. Make sure to have plenty of ventilation (OPEN ALL WINDOWS!!) because the fumes are really strong.
I bought a roll of adhesive-backed cork from Joann’s, too (also $4.99) and cut them to size for the back of my tiles. The whole project was really quick to put together and I love how they turned out! I’m just trying to figure out who to give the set to…hmmmmmm……
| Coaster Set Recipe |
| Stamps: ODBD April Sets and Scripture Collection 4 |
| Ink: StazOn black |
| Accessories: 4x4 Travertine tiles, adhesive-backed cork paper, clear gloss glaze, Moonlight Smooch, watercolor markers |
WOW Girl you always amaze me what a STUNNING project!!!
ReplyDeletelove them, they are beautiful - Bravo
ReplyDeleteOh my Lorelie, these are so beautiful! Are you sending them to me!!! Thanks in advance!lol!
ReplyDeleteOh! These are absolutely gorgeous! So very elegant, and so perfect at Easter time!
ReplyDeleteOh my, how pretty, and what a fabulous idea.
ReplyDeleteI have fun making tiles. Yours turned out GREAT!!
ReplyDeleteyour tiles, your coloring...all is perfect
ReplyDelete!
very cute Lorelie!
and
I am here in California...
just in case u don't know who to send them to!
oh!
I will pay the shipping also,okay?
hahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaa
love ya girl!
**Milu**
These are absolutely stunning! I love how these turned out. Your water coloring is awesome on these. You did a wonderful job! Best, Curt
ReplyDeleteSimply put...Stunning!!!
ReplyDeleteLorelie your coasters are just beautiful.
ReplyDeleteThese are so beautiful. Would love to try them sometime. Have to find the time to sit down and read how to do them though. You are so talented.
ReplyDeleteCarolyn
Head on over to Awesomville!!! Yowzers!!!
ReplyDeleteI purchased these stamps today because of your beautiful tile creations. Thanks for the inspiration, these are WONDERFUL!
ReplyDelete