Monday, January 5, 2009

He Is Risen & Joseph's Coat Reversed Tutorial

I woke up around 2:30am this morning and felt like making a card...and so I did! I used the ODBD January set called He Is Risen, because, let's just face it, I LOVE ODBD! I bet you liked that one, huh Kelley?!
This time I wanted to use an old technique called Joseph's Coat, but with a bit of a twist. I hope you all will give this a try!

Gather up your materials:
*stamps
*glossy cardstock
*3 coordinating ink pads
*black ink pad
*Versamark or embossing pad
*clear embossing powder
*brayer
*sponges (not pictured)
*anti-static bag


Stamp the image you want as the focal point in black ink.

Take your two light colored ink pads (SU Positively Pink and Barely Banana in this case) and starting with your lightest color sponge it over and around your focal image. Do the same thing with your next color, making sure to leave some white spaces.

Rub the anti-static bag over the glossy cardstock.

Ink up your background image with Versamark and stamp it in the center of your focal image.


Pour clear embossing powder over it.

Heat until embossing powder melts.

Ink up your brayer with your darkest ink color (I used SU Certainly Celery) and cover the entire piece of glossy cardstock.

Let ink dry then buff away excess ink on background image with tissue.

Complete your card :).

Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. You funny girl...lol!!!! Of course I love that (as long as you mean it!!).

    That tutorial is AWESOME! I will have to try it!

    Beautiful card..love those colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Tutorial!!! TFS. You card is STUNNING!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tutorial on this! What a neat project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very pretty love all the colors you used
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  5. This tutorial has got me in the mood to make a card it is stunning......now all i have to do is clean my scraproom from all the Christmas projects so I have a place to work

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful! Thank you for sharing this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  7. FAB! I have to try this tutorial. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cool technique and fantastic tutorial!! Love your card - it's gorgeous!!!
    hugs, Jami

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this tutorial Lorelie! gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so beautiful and thanks for sharing the tutorial! I am definitly going to give this a try!

    Smiles,
    Janna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the card, it is stunning! I am going to try this. You did a great job with the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you!