Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Spreading some Flower Soft love!

Today's Try It Out Tuesday #37 (TIOT) from Susana's Custom Art and Card Designs was a Flower Soft challenge and I wanted to try something different. I had a 4x4 cardstock pack with adhesive backing that's been sitting in my craft room for a few months. I decided to punch out some butterflies and press them into some Flower Soft and got this using the MOJO105 sketch:Card Recipe:

Stamp: SCACD Tea For Two

Ink: StazOn black

Paper: SU cs (Soft Sky, Certainly Celery), Prismatic Pink Pack, watercolor paper

Accessories: Flower Soft (Sweet Pea, Ivory), CB Swirls ef, Tim Holtz Idea-ology Design Ruler, paper piercer, Dew Drops, Crystal Stickles, Diamond Glaze, watercolor markers


Visit the rest of the SCACD DT blogs to see what fabulous things they created using Flower Soft! Then, make sure to check out SCACD's collection of Flower Soft, especially the new Polar White and Autumn Mix.

GREAT NEWS!!! SCACD will be having be releasing new Victoria Case AND Elisabeth Bell mini sets on Sept. 29. You can get sneak peeks starting Sept. 26 at the Follow Your Heart blog along with BLOG CANDY!!!

This is a short post since I have to tend to a flooded laundry room while waiting for help to arrive!

14 comments:

  1. You are always so creative!! Love, love, love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!!!! What a great job on the Mojo sketch!!! Love your butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute card! I love the image and your FS idea is pretty cool!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Lorelie & what a fun technique to do w/ the flower soft! I just love it & great image as well!

    hugz,
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Love what you did with the FS! Your coloring is beautiful and I love how you used part of the image too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea Lorelie! Really makes the butterflies pop! Love your take on the mojo sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a wonderful idea to use Flower soft on the butterflies. I didn't think to do that. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just gorgeous! Love the flower soft on the butterflies backs! What a great idea and I love the glossy look on the butterfly wings. This is just delightful!

    Big hugs to you,

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is just so soft and pretty, Lorelie! Love the added flower soft to the butterflies!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a cool idea with the flower soft. I also saw somewhere that you could use it as a background. i haven't tried this yet but take like a 4x6 add adhesive and rub the flower soft on. The picture looked great. The butterfly's looked great also!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful, Lorelie! I love everything in your card!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your card of course BUT

    I really love your new hair style!!! It fits you so well, are you happy with it???

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is adorable..love the layout. TFS

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you!