Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A little SCACD & ODBD MAGIC!

I saw this fab Magic Marquee video tutorial by Janine Tinklenberg (Jan Tink) on Card of the Week and I knew I wanted to give it a try! Make sure to read Jan's blog...she is very entertaining!

Today's TIOT #35 for Susana's Custom Art and Card Designs was a sketch challenge and I do love sketches!! I wanted to use Taylor from the Victoria Case Hearts and Hugs Collection Series 2 because I thought a surprise "Howdy!" greeting was perfect for this type of card:
Card Recipe:

Stamp: SCACD Taylor

Ink: SU Real Red, Tea Dye distress

Paper: Basic Grey June Bug pad, SU cs (Real Red, Night of Navy, Close to Cocoa), watercolor paper

Accessories: Basic Grey June Bug Buttons, CB Swiss Dots ef, hemp twine, SU linen thread, Rope font, watercolor markers, Prismacolor pencil

You really have to try out the magic marquee technique and even if you don't just watching Jan's video is a hoot!

*************************************************************************************

Don't forget to get cracking on your pocket cards for the ODBD Three for Thee challenge! You have until Sept. 17 to link up your creations in the comment section of the challenge post. You can keep up-to-date on Current ODBD Challenges by finding a clickable link at the top right side of the blog which will direct you to the right place.

Like I said, I couldn't stop at making just one magic marquee card! Here's another featuring THREE ODBD stamps:


I stamped the butterfly swirls after I completed the card because I didn't like the plain center so that's why the stamping is a little "off". Make sure to stamp the two "curtains" BEFORE you assemble :).

Card Recipe:

Stamp: ODBD Thinking of You, Get Well, Mother Teresa

Ink: SU (Night of Navy, Pretty in Pink, White craft), Versamark

Paper: K & Company Bailey pad, Prismatic Nautical Blue pack, SU cs (Kraft, Night of Navy), Canson watercolor paper

Accessories: Ranger Gold ep, Basic Grey Indigo/Sky Opalines, watercolor markers, Spellbinders


What are you waiting for??? Go make that pocket card and enter it on the ODBD challenge for your chance to win one of the September sets!

11 comments:

  1. You are just too creative Lorelie!! Love your use of that tutorial. I hope to give it a try in my spare time! Gorgeous creations girl!!!

    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing !! Thank you for sharing this tutorial with us. Will have to try it when I have the time. You are one creative lady.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too fun Lorelie!
    A wonderful project!!!
    blessings, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your creations always leave me in awe...and these cards are no exception...I am still swooning over these beauties!! You are so very talented!!!

    Hugs!
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful cards Lorelie,i love the images and colours.
    So gorgeous papers.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow-Lorelie! I adore this card, I've never seen them before (and yes Jan is a funny gal isn't she, hee hee)! Adorable and fab take on the sketch with it!

    hugz,
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will just add my ooo's and ahhh's to the rest of the stampers who are wow'd by this card layout! Thanks so much for posting it...can't wait to try one myself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! I don't know what else to say! These are just stunning cards and so different but gorgeous in their own way. Love Taylor and the colors are perfect for her and the flower is just stunning. They're, well, enchanting! Just beautiful!

    Big hugs to you,

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO cool!!! I love how you did these. Your work is fabulous as always - both cards! I just love how you made Taylor work with the sketch AND the cool technique, it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! Your cards are amazing!!! So beautiful and fun! Love that special 'function' on the cards, must have been a lot of work!

    Hugs,
    Aud

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks easy to make and adorable as well. Thank you for sharing them over!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you!