Saturday, August 29, 2009

Lace Flower Video Tutorial

I'm so glad you stopped by today because I am posting my VERY FIRST VIDEO TUTORIAL! Yes, I was a little nervous (Ok, A LOT NERVOUS! I took take, after take, after excruciating take!) but photos wouldn't have explained or showed the technique as well as a video. Please be kind with your comments, even if I did have to clear my throat during the tutorial at one point...LOL! Here's my completed card with the lace flower:




Card Recipe:

Stamp: ODBD Happy Birthday

Ink: SU Ruby Red, Walnut Ink distress pad

Paper:
Graphic 45, SU cs (Close to Cocoa, Certainly Celery, Very Vanilla)


Accessories:
Tattered Angels Nature Butterfly Font Chip, Glimmer Mists (on lace flower and butterfly chip), Spellbinders Large Oval, Fiskars All-A-Fleur border punch, lace, Michael's mini brad, cream satin ribbon, CB ef

I sprayed my lace flower with Suede Glimmer Mist to make it match my card and to add subtle iridescence. The color intensity will vary depending on how heavily you spray your lace.


I hope you've enjoyed my little tutorial on how to make a quick and simple but elegant lace flower.

13 comments:

  1. Thanks for an awesome tutorial!!! You did great!
    Will have to try making a lace flower some time. =0)

    Your card is fabulous!♥♥♥

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    Hugs,
    Aud

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, You are GREAT. Love the tutorial.. do more. I so admire people that can do video tutorials. a little envious too. Pretty flowers, I think I will try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card Lorelie,i love the colours.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a great tutorial and the lace flowers are just perfect - I am off to try one right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on your first video tutorial! It was very clearly shot and explains exactly how to make the flower. I'll definitely be making one
    thanks for sharing
    Sarah
    ps love the card to, discovered your blog just blog hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great tutorial! I will definatly be making a few of these!
    I can't wai to see more of your work in the future!!
    Hugs!
    Shell

    ReplyDelete
  7. All I can say is DO MORE. Love it. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great tutorial Lorelie! You did it very well! Thanks so much.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lorelie you did great making the tutorial!!! I don't even own a video recorder! Love your lace flower and love the card! Elegant yet vintage and just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing this lace flower tutorial. You did a great job. Can't wait to see more...

    ReplyDelete
  11. How COOL!!!!!!!!!! Love that...especially with the Glimmer Mist!! Man, oh man!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just checked out your blog for the first time. You make beautiful cards! I'm impressed. Thanks for sharing your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the "tut", your flower is gorgeous. You did great on your "tut" and forget about the "ahem", everyone has to clear their throat. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you!