Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Gift of giving

I used to make all sorts of gifts and goodies for anyone and everyone and for all sorts of occasions. I now do them much too infrequently because LIFE has gotten pretty hectic, but working on two gifts felt really good!

First up is my TIOT #32 challenge. We had to create a gift for a teacher or student. I made this gift for my son's 3rd grade teacher. Every year the teachers ask for class donations and it's always great to give them things they truly need to help them teach our children. Aside from baby wipes, notebook paper, colored pencils and copy paper I repackaged dry erase markers and glue sticks to make it extra special: The little tag reads 'My teacher has all the "write" stuff'. Below is the other side of the box showing the glue sticks. I didn't make one for my son's 5th grade teacher because he's just "too cool" to give something so girly...LOL! It's bad enough when my son doesn't want to hold my hand if his friends are around!
Card & Gift Recipe:

Stamps: SCACD Fluffy and Susanaments Series 2, CDS Teacher Treats, SU Background Basics

Ink: StazOn black, SU Always Artichoke

Paper: K & Company Hannah pad, Prismatic Brown pack, SU cs (Close to Cocoa, Rose Red, Old Olive, Whisper White), watercolor paper

Accessories: Grafix acetate sheets, Flower Soft Sweet Pea, Spellbinders (Classic Small Circles, Classic Small Scalloped Circles), Diamond Glaze, Basic Grey Opalines Grass/Ivy, white Inkssentials gel pen, Fiskars Apron Lace border punch, Stickles Scattered Straw, silk ribbons (pastel green, olive green), SU silver cording, watercolor markers, My Timeless Templates For Keepsake, MS butterfly punches


ATTENTION! The winner of the I Brake For Stamps blog hop is KraftyChic from NC! CONGRATULATIONS and ENJOY!

ALSO: Make sure to swing on by the Follow Your Heart blog tomorrow, Aug. 19, for some candy. Then come back to my blog and the rest of the SCACD DT blogs on Aug. 20 & 21 for sneaky peekies of some super adorable stuff!!! Update your Victoria Case blinkie if you have one by clicking on "Want this badge?" and highlighting the html. It's the photo, but it will link you to the brand new set that will be available Aug. 21.

************************************************************************************************

I LOVED the template from My Timeless Templates so much that I had to make another one paired with another love of mine, Tattered Angels! Since the first box was clean and simple I wanted to go to the opposite spectrum with my ODBD Jesus set. I know we still have a little over four more months until Christmas, but I've had these clear glass mini ornaments sitting in my closet for a while now, begging to be used! The gorgeous butterfly is from the Tattered Angels Framed Fonts collection called Nature Butterfly. They are embossed and after misting with my Glimmers I lightly sponged on Walnut distress ink to emphasize the design.
Card and Gift Recipe:

Stamp: ODBD Jesus

Ink: Versamark, Walnut distress pad

Paper: DCWV Rustic Stack, Prism Bronze Metallic cs, black ep, SU Very Vanilla cs

Accessories: Framed Fonts Nature Butterfly, Glimmer Mists (Suede, Mustard Seed), Spellbinders (Petite Oval Large, Petite Scalloped Oval, Flourished Accents), Basic Grey Opalines Wine/Champagne, Ranger Super Fine black & gold ep's, Spellbinders Flower Impressabilities, decorative ribbon trim, cream silk ribbon, mini glass ornament, gold cross charm, glitter, "Rejoice" charm, keyhole brad, tissue paper.

Hmmm...I'm almost at 40,000 hits! I'm thinking BLOG CANDY when I hit 50,00o so make sure to keep visiting! If I get 200 Followers by that time then the candy will be even bigger!!!

14 comments:

  1. Love it Lorelie! And I will keep my fingers crossed that you woon will get to those 50 000 hits - everyone loves candy ;-) Kram - Anki

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome gift presentation! I like how you leave a window so you can see what's inside too!

    Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

    <3,
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful creations Lorelie,i love the images and colours.
    So gorgeous papers.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the teacher gift, but the second one for Tattered Angels is just stunning! I love the papers and I've been putting off making a template. I'm going to have to pull mine out! Just gorgeous projects, both of them!

    Big hugs to you,

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous cards, I luv the first card...awesome!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all soo wonderful Lorelie!! What fun packages for your school supplies! The butterfly and the Jesus card are just stunning also!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of your projects are fabulous!!! I love the sweet gift you made for your son's 3rd grade teacher, and dry erase markers are always a must...almost better than gold to a teacher. Speaking of gold...your creation with the ODBD Jesus set is exquisite!!! I wish I had this kind of talent. I know you are going to make someone extremely happy when they receive this stunning set.

    Hugs!
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. these are both awesome gifts great job
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fabulous way to wrap teacher supplies--they'll just love it! I adore the boxes & your that bunny is too cute! Gorgeous ODBD project as well!

    hugz,
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really outstanding projects...so pretty and great gift ideas! You're so creative Lorelie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everything you do is fabulous Lorelie! I love the gift set... love how you decorated the markers and the cute card! Your Jesus set is beautiful as well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute gift for the teacher, she will love it!!! How sweet of you, funny story about your boys!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really neat gifts, Lorelie!! LOVE the teacher one (of course!)!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wonderful ensemble!! You are so creative! Is that ever goiing to rub off on me?

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you!