I noticed I had been doing a lot of pinks lately so I wanted to switch it up a bit and use some rich, dark colors for a card I made based on this week's MMSC14:
After heat embossing the scripture I sprayed on some Iridescent Gold Glimmer Mist for a subtle glowing effect. If you haven't noticed already, I am a Tattered Angels addict! LOL!
Card Recipe:Stamp: ODBD Jesus
Ink: Versamark
Paper: K & Company Blue Awning pad, SU cs (Night of Navy, Old Olive), Prism Simply Smooth Ivory, vellum
Accessories: Spellbinders (Large Ovals, Classic Lace Border), Basic Grey Opalines (Grass/Ivy, Indigo/Sky), Ranger Super Fine black ep, Creative Beginnings Stone Blue ep, Iridescent Gold Glimmer Mist
If you'd like to do some HOPPING then head right on over here again tomorrow for some fun and maybe even a prize...*wink*wink*.
This is really beautiful! Love the added shimmer, great card!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card and sentiment. Love the shimmer and the border is lovely. The Midnight Madness Design Team wants to thank you for playing along with us this week.
ReplyDeletePhyllis MMDesign Team
aka SparklePlenty1000 at SCS
Beautiful card! You did an awesome job with the sketch!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for playing along!!
Hugs,
Melissa
MM DT August Guest Designer
Lorelie..this is just awesome..
ReplyDeleteHey Lorelie,
ReplyDeleteHow have you been :) So glad you entered this week. I just love it when I see your name pop up on Mr. Linky. Another wonderful creation for you. Your cards always have a warmness about them. Wonderful job with the sketch. Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness Sketch challenge this week :) did you seem the tutorial post? please stop by and check it out :)
Priscilla
Hi Lorelie!
ReplyDeleteYour card is so gorgeous! You can really create masterpieces. This lacy border is wonderful, and I love the sentiment. We've missed you at the MMSC. Glad you could play with us this week. We always love having you, and love seeing your beautiful creations. Hope you will be able to play with us again next week.
Take care,
Hugs,
Carolyn MMSC DT
Very nice card, love the colors and layout you chose too!
ReplyDeleteHugs
Jodi =)
What a beautiful card Lorelie.
ReplyDeleteHugs Riet.x
Gorgeous Lorelie!!! Love the colours you've used and that wonderful border! This verse is one that brings such peace and comfort!
ReplyDeleteThis is gorgeous Lorelie!!! Love how you stamped your image on the dp! Great colors and layout!
ReplyDeleteO.k. now it is my turn to say duh to myself. Was rereading your post after I left the comment and just noticed it is the MMSC! You did such an awesome job with it girl, I didn't recognize the sketch!! Awesome Lor!!
ReplyDeleteHi Lorelie! I love that verse! I haven't seen that lace edge before! I LOVE it! Your card is beautiful! Sorry we weren't able to work it out to meet up with at CHA. That would have been fun. Maybe next time! Not sure if you knew or not but if you post my store logo on your blog you get extra freebies if your name is drawn this week! Good Luck! Thank you for joining us again this week! See you next week!
ReplyDeleteSue
MMDT Member
Beautiful card, as always, I like that image and sentiment and the designed paper boarder.
ReplyDeleteThank you for joining us at Midnight Madness, always glad to see you.
Jane MMDT member
What a terrific new set from ODBD :) Wonderful colors you've chosen, great presentation as usual! Thanks for using our sketch to create such a beautiful card, xox ~Jeni & MMSC DT
ReplyDeleteLove this card! It has great colors to compliment the Jesus stamp. Like the oval with the verse!
ReplyDeleteLove your stiching and fun pearls. Terrific job on the midnight madness stampers sketch challenge.
ReplyDeleteIt's a good life!
Terri E.
I love the layout!! I was stuck on pinks for awhile too! GREAT stitching!
ReplyDelete