Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Birthday basket for the gardener

After seeing Suzanne Dean's picnic basket for yesterday's TIOT I knew I had to give the Paper Trey Timeless Template a try and the brand new August Happy Birthday set from ODBD was perfect for my project.

After printing out the template on cardstock and cutting and scoring this was my end result:

The Prima Chelsea Windsor Rose was a light pink and I wanted a deeper pink so I sprayed it with Glimmer Mist to make it coordinate better with my colors.

I removed the seeds from their original packets and placed them in small cellophane envelopes and labeled each one. I also used scriptures from Scripture Collection 1, Fruit of the Spirit and Grow in Grace for the seed labels. ?

I cut out the planting directions and helpful tips from the original packets and adhered them to the back of my labels.

Picnic Basket Recipe:

Stamp: ODBD Happy Birthday, Scripture Collection 1, Grow in Grace, Fruit of the Spirit

Ink: ODBD ink pads (Raspberry, Lime), StazOn black, Antique Linen distress pad

Paper: Basic Grey Lemonade Pad, SU cs (Certainly Celery, Rose Red), Prism Simply Smooth White cs

Accessories: Basic Grey Wine/Champagne Opalines, Hero Arts Medium Accent Pearls, Prima Chelsea Windsor rose, SEI Savory brads, silver cross w/gem charm, Paper Trey Timeless Template Picnic Basket, SU Crystal Effects, CB Swiss Dots ef, MS pearls, seed packets (parsley, basil, chives, cilantro), Fiskars Apron Lace border punch, Scor-Pal, Glimmer Mist Candy Apple Red

I'm already thinking about what my next basket will be!

8 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful. What a fantastic idea for a gift. I'm blown away.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowww Lorelie,what beautiful,i love the papers and colours.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just so fun and very clever Lorelie!! Such a great gift for a gardener!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy crap, Lor!! This basket is AWESOME! Such a wonderfully cute idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea Lorelie! This is a great project!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome basket Lorelie!! So creative!!! Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you!