Saturday, August 22, 2009

Flock your Glimmer Screens!

Ok, I haven't done a tutorial for some time now, largely because I haven't come up with something new. I usually tinker around with my massive amount of cardmaking arsenal, trying to figure out new and creative ways to use old products. For this tutorial the old product I'm talking about is Liquid Applique.

You've seen those awesome designer flocked papers from K & Company and others. Now you can flock all kinds of papers with Liquid Applique and Tattered Angels' Glimmer Screens!

Let's get started!


The butterfly is a Tattered Angels product called Glimmer Glass and they are a MUST HAVE!!! They are preshrunk plastic with beautiful designs on the front. Grab your heat gun and heat them up. They'll get soft and pliable. Just bend until you have the desired shape and let cool. On my butterfly I added Icicle Stickles to the back.
The paper for the large butterfly die cut is from Graphic 45 and if you haven't discovered this paper company then go check them out! They have fabulous shabby chic prints! Card Recipe:

Stamp: ODBD Hope

Ink: Versamark, Walnut distress, Antique Linen distress

Paper: DCWV Rustic Stack, Graphic 45 Botanicabella, SU cs (Bravo Burgundy, Close To Cocoa, Very Vanilla)

Accessories: Glimmer Glass, Framed Fonts, Glimmer Screen, Glimmer Mists (Suede, Deep Plum, Iridescent Gold), Icicle Stickles, white ep, Basic Grey Rose/Blush Opalines, Fiskars Effervescence border punch, Liquid Applique, Fiskars Effervescence border punch

ODBD carries white Liquid Applique and if you're feeling adventurous SCACD also carries red, black, blue and green.

I hope this tutorial was informative! If you have any questions about this tute, please don't hesitate to contact me!

***********************************************************************************

Little tidbit: I have so many punches that I couldn't keep track of the names of them for my card recipes. It was taking me longer and longer each time to search for the names online so I decided to label them once and for all for super quick reference :).

15 comments:

  1. Okay..gotta have that butterfly..and LOVE that background with the liq A...this is one of my favorite cards! also..that little VC card looks like u in your Uggs!! ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW this is STUNNING!!!! Thanks for the tutorial, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work, Lorelie!! Love that butterfly (and I am not really a bfly person!) and your card is so so gorgeous!!

    What a great idea about the punches too! I have no idea what the names of mine are - gotta do this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card Lorelie,i love the imahes and colours.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous card and super tutorial!! Love the butterfly!!I will have to try this flocking technique!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful card and thanks for the tut loved it
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is beautiful...I'm sooooo glad you shared the directions too...and the butterfly is gorgeous...It's all AWESOME.
    Barbg(WV)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! I wanted to tell you too I saw one of your cards over at Card of the Week and I can't remember which one it was! Sorry! But CONGRATS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! This is just stunning, Lorelie!! love the background florish, and that layered butterfly is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card! Love that butterfly!♥

    Great tip on the punches! Thanks! =0)

    Hugs,
    Aud

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lorelie, this is wonderful!!! Gorgeous card!!! LOVE the tutorial!!! TSMFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, those are great! I love how the flourish looks vintage, that's my favorite style. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. AWESOME!!! This would have made a great PR too! lol!! I love this card. It is so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Lorelie! What a wonderful tutorial! Maybe I already told you that I love your cards. I think your work is truly an inspiration! I have a blog now (quite new) and I just received this "Beautiful Award”. I would like you to know that I have nominated you to pass this award as one of my 5 favorite card artists.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great tutorial! I am going to try this out, so cool coming by here! xox ~Jeni

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you!