I loved making this because it was not my usual altered can. I would always tie coordinating ribbons around the handle and use solid decorative paper around the can, but this time I wanted the scriptures to be the main focus, especially since the can was see-thru.
You will need:
* Several Our Daily Bread designs stamp sets (notice my stack of ODBD sets? LOL)
*1 clear paint can
*2 coordinating decorative papers to cover can
*coordinating light-weight cardstocks to stamp scriptures on
*ribbons
*fabric flowers
*Xyron sticker machine
*Nestabilities Small Classic Circles (largest circle in set)
Cut two pieces from your first sheet of decorative paper:
4 3/4" x 12 strip
2" x 12 strip
Run the two strips of paper through a Xyron sticker machine. If you are using die-cut scrapbook paper like the one I used, make sure to rub around the paper to remove excess adhesive.
Wrap the longest strip first around the can. Adhere the smaller piece to cover the gap. It was easy to cut away this paper around the handles. If using regular decorative paper, mark off where the handle holes will be and use a circle punch to punch out the holes.
Cut a lid cover from your other decorative paper using the largest Nestabilities circle in the set. Run it through the Xyron machine and adhere it to the lid.
Put aside your paint can and select your favorite scriptures from your collection of ODBD stamp sets. I stamped my scriptures on beige, craft and olive green cardstocks. Once you have all the scriptures you want stamped, trim your pieces. Roll them into scrolls and secure with ribbon and fabric flowers. Make sure to not trim your cardstocks too small or else you won't be able to roll them into scrolls.
I tied burlap ribbon around the front of the can and since I had leftover flowers I secured a bundle through the knot.
Thanks for stopping by to see my tutorial! Now swing on over to Nancy Morgan's and Holly's blog for another tutorial and to find AWESOME BLOG CANDY!
**********************************************************************************
Want to win some more great prizes? Play along in the Bread Basket {aka Design Team} Scavenger Hunt today! Search the blogs high and low for the following items. When you have found all of the items, copy the list below into an email, with where the items are located (what DT blogs), and then send it to me (Judy) at lidaroseroz@yahoo.com.
All correct entries will be put into a “bread basket” (LOL) and THREE winners will be drawn on Friday, the 13th! It could be your lucky day! Prizes and winners will be announced right here on Friday!
Okay —here is the list! (all items are on the main blog page of DT members and are not in posts – see right sidebar to find the links to the blogs!)
A pink and green tree
A dancing giraffe
A NeoPod
A foggy river
A playlist with “Jesus Take The Wheel”
A snapdragon
A daisy with a ladybug
A duck
A red flower
A lemonade stand
A stamping sponge
Remember, once you have found all the items, EMAIL lidaroseroz@yahoo.com with the answers by MIDNIGHT CST March 12th!
How awesome is THIS?!?!? You've outdone yourself, girl. I ADORE this!!!
ReplyDeleteThis is awesome! I love the idea, and the outside of the container is super cool.
ReplyDeleteOh Lorelie!!! This is so neat!!! How creative!!! Your tutorial was awesome and the end product was Splendiferous!!!!! I love it!! I will have to get a xyron machine now!! Totally awesome girl!!
ReplyDelete~hugs
Chris
OOH!!! LOVE LOVE it!! What a cool idea!! I never use my Xyron and I really need to! What an awesome project!! Thank you for all your hard work on it during this hard time! Thinking of you!
ReplyDeleteAwesome project!! And you probably made it while walking in place!! Incredible!!!!
ReplyDeleteThis is very cool, Lorelie! What a beautiful gift for a Christian Sister! And so encouraging! I think I will make one of these for my Prayer Partner! LOVE it!
ReplyDeleteWhat an AMAZING gift idea!!! Now I *need* a Xyron...I didn't even know what it was! This would be great for staff gifts...I better get started!
ReplyDeleteWonderful Blog!
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed my visit here!
Thank you for sharing!
Smiles & Cheers,
Dorothy
What a fun project...and done soooo well!
ReplyDeleteJan Castle
Very neat! I love how you incorporated the Bible verses into the project! Jeanne
ReplyDeleteOMGosh this is soo awesome! What a cool idea and it would make a great gift! TFS!
ReplyDeleteFABULOUS! What a clever, creative & unique idea!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great idea and gift!! Just lovely Lorelie!! I am sure I need that xyron machine now!! Dont you think so??? thanks for a great idea!
ReplyDeleteThis looks like a fun project!
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute idea! I've never tried altering a paint can, but now maybe I should! ;o)
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful idea! You are so creative!
ReplyDeleteOH WOW!!! I just LOVE everything about this!!! Thanks so much for the tutorial!!
ReplyDeleteWowzer, this is fabulous!!!!!
ReplyDeleteBlessings, Maria
Great tutorial!!! Love what you did with that paint can... BEAUTIFUL!!!
ReplyDeletewhat a awesome idea and so creative thanks so much for the tut
ReplyDeleteHugs
Norine
What a gret project. Can see all kinds of possibilities with this idea.
ReplyDeleteWhat an amazing tut that was and love your idea for using the can. Wonderful work. thank you for sharing. Phyllis M.
ReplyDeleteLorelie! Awesome tutorial! What a super cool and super beautiful project! Big hugs to you! Love ya, girlfriend!!
ReplyDeleteOMG!!!! Lorelie, girl this is AWESOME!!! What a fabulously creative idea! Love this!
ReplyDeleteAnd I'm so glad you got the card - it made it to you much quicker than I was expecting - I'm impressed with the mail on that! ;)
Hope you have a wonderful day!!!
What a great project. TFS!
ReplyDeleteThat is the most awesome paint can tutorial I have seen! WOW!
ReplyDelete