Thursday, May 29, 2008

A Diorama and a Card

It was Open House at my sons' school on Tuesday and they were so excited to show us around their classrooms. My youngest had a class project two weeks ago to be displayed during Open House- he had to create a habitat diorama. He chose the ocean and had a blast making it (especially painting - which got on the table, the kitchen tiles, the counter). We added the "ocean floor" at the last minute because my son said it looked wrong without it and he was right. So Daddy went to the backyard and scooped up some sand. We told him to make sure it was CLEAN SAND (because we have 3 dogs)....I don't think it was THAT clean! A little Fabreze did the trick though. I told my son the ocean stinks sometimes :).



This is my first 6 1/2" x 5" card. I usually make 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" cards, but a lot of Penny Black stamps are huge, which I like because it makes cutting out all the details that much easier (it also saves me from hand cramps!). I've been practicing with my watercolor pencils and I think I've improved. I thought I needed to buy Copic markers, but I'm starting to think I don't need them. Isn't it funny how we always "need" more craft supplies rather than "want" them?! LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you!