Monday, May 26, 2008

End of the year teacher gift

My friends and family have asked me for ideas on what to give or make for teachers as Teacher Appreciation or End-Of-The-School-Year gifts and so here are two I made last year. Last year because I've been horrible at getting gifts done this year having been so busy lately. This year's gifts have consisted of altering a box of Peanut M&M's and putting Almond Rocas in a mini bucket with a paper flower pick and it was so rushed that I didn't even take a picture of them! I hope their teachers know how much they are appreciated for their hard work in my sons' developments.


I made this "flower bouquet" with my Cricut using the Tags,Bags, Boxes and More cartridge. I scanned and printed my son's class picture. I cut out each of his classmates, laminated them and attached them with foam adhesive to the center of the flowers. I painted bamboo sticks green and glued on the flowers. I bent the flowers for dimension, doodled and placed a few "ladybugs" on them. I wrote each student's name on the leaf. I skewered the flowers on floral foam and covered bottom with left over Easter grass. The tag read "Thank you for helping us grow". I made "Mrs. Hall" using my Cricut (again!) and aluminum tape. I taped the aluminum on sturdy cardstock. After cutting out the letters I ran them through my Cuttlebug and sponged on black Staz-On ink for a more gun-metal look.

I hate to throw away packages as I figure I can always alter them one way or another. This was a Prima Box that held their Flowers of the Month set. I just took out the cardboard contents and painted the top and bottom. I printed the poem on acetate (must use a laser printer or acetate that is specifically for ink-jets). I then rewrapped a large Symphony candy bar and filled the bottom of the box with finely shredded paper. I decorated the outside with Prima flowers and silk flowers


1 comment:

  1. OMG! Those are SO cute! I wish I could get my own Cricut! I had one but didn't like it...big mistake! I love the ideas! I haven't thought of anything yet to give my daughter's teacher, but you have given me some ideas! :)

    Love your stuff! Take care & I'll be in touch!

    Hugs,
    Vida :0)

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you!