Friday, May 23, 2008

My 8-year-old son composed this!!

Before we head off to the dentist, the post office, a store to get a birthday present and drive down to San Diego I wanted to share this with you all. Have a safe Memorial Day weekend!!

My son Marcus wrote this poem and I thought it was beautiful! Here is what he wrote:


Dreamer - Poem by Marcus

I am a dreamer

I wonder if my dreams are real

I hear laughter of happiness

I see a bird flying in the sky

I want my dreams to come true

I am a dreamer


I pretend I have those friends

I feel nothing in the air

I touch a brick on a wall

I worry that it might fall

I cry when I have a nightmare

I am a dreamer


I understand that nightmares aren't real

I say that dreams sometimes come true

I dream of bees buzzing by

I try not to wake up in my sleep

I hope nightmares don't come true

I am a dreamer

2 comments:

  1. Lor, he is talented! You should scrap it and hang it up! That's what I do for the kids.

    Hugs, Vi

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you!