Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Making time for EVERYTHING

I had a blog when I was on a scrapbooking design team, but then I left that because I wanted to go back to my cardmaking roots. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE TO SCRAPBOOK, but it gets expensive. So I delved into selling my One-Of-A-Kind cards to help support both passions.

To update everyone on what's been happening so far, here's what's been going on on my end:

A friend of mine, Celia, called me last month to tell me about a scrapbooking contest HSN was hosting and told me I had to enter it...so I did. It was exciting to get an e-mail stating I was one of ten finalists, out of over 1700 entries! In the end, I didn't win (was told I got 2nd place), but who cares?!?!? My name was on TV!! Here's a link to the winner and the runners-up (I'm entrant #385 entitled "Bros"):

http://www.hsn.com/scrapbooking-contest-winners_at-1291_xa.aspx?cm_re=billboard*Scrapbooking_Contest_Winner*winner&ccm=ct

The prize I received was The Enveloper by Crafters Companion, which is great for my 3-dimensional cards! I totally love it!

I've delved back into the world of handmade cards and I don't know why I left it in the first place! I've had to reorganzie my craft room to focus on cardmaking rather than scrapbooking right now (although I will still be doing that, not just with the same fervor). I won't give up my scrapping because I think it is so important for my children to have something to look back on when they're grown. To see their history, our history, put together by me - a first hand account of us. I'll post some of my favorite scrapbook pages soon.

To end this post, here's a card I completed last night. Happy crafting everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you!