Sunday, May 1, 2011

ODBD May Release Blog Hop!!!


Hello everyone! I hope you are enjoying the May Our Daily Bread designs Blog Hop! The sticks in the bread basket are soooo excited
this month about all the sets being released! I know you will enjoy this hop and will love all the new sets!

If you got here from Dawn’s Blog you are in the right place! If not, you might want to start at the Our Daily Bread designs Blog and hop from there!

The Hop will run from 8am EDT May 1 until 8pm EDT. May 2. The winners will be announced on the ODBD Blog on May 3.

For this hop, there will be FIVE Prizes of $25.00 Gift Certificates toward stamps at the Our Daily Bread designs store!

Here is what you need to do to be entered in the drawing:

*Leave comments for each designer on each blog. Return to the ODBD Blog and leave a comment, telling us you completed the hop and noting any blogs you were unable to comment on. Answer the question on the ODBD blog.*

I was very excited when Kelley asked me to design stamps to coordinate with the Spellbinders Ribbons Tag Trio Three!!!  Here is my card using the beautifully drawn Blessed Virgin Mary set and the label from the Mini Tags 3 set:

As a Catholic we honor the Virgin Mary and I wanted to create a card that really made her stand out.  I accented her halo with Platinum Stickles and the rays emitting from her hands with Diamond Stickles.  I hope I did the stamp set justice.

Thanks so much for joining our hop!  Your next stop is at Grace’s Blog…

Card Recipe
Stamp: ODBD Blessed Virgin Mary and Mini Tags 3
Ink: Versamark, Stampin’ Up Rose Red
Paper: DCWV CafĂ© Mediterranean, Stampin’ Up (Rose Red, River Rock)
Accessories: Spellbinders Ribbon Tag Trio Three, Martha Stewart Double Arches Punch Around The Page, Stickles (Platinum, Diamond), blue organza ribbon, black mini brads, Ranger Super Fine Detail embossing powder

173 comments:

  1. Oh, Lorelie, this is absolutely gorgeous!!!! I love how you highlighted Mary with the stickles....very cool effect!!!! Hugs and blessings, Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Lor!! Love the use of the tag set and the Ave Maria! Gorgeous coloring and details with the stickles. Gorgeous GF!! Have a great Sunday!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous job you did with these sets Lor!!! Your coloring is amazing! The Stickles really did highlight her beautifully! Love your tags too! Congrats on your sets!!! We are LOVIN the tags!!! Have a great day!
    hugs,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  4. The coloring and details make this a perfect creation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful Lor... and CONGRATS on these fabulous tag sets!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. fantastic creation! love your colouring!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely card, great tag set....lovely details with the stitching and layering. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was already a lovely rendering of Mary, but you brought it to life with your beautiful coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful work of art and love the colours you have used with it too.

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful! She looks ready to step off the page...

    ReplyDelete
  12. i like the use of stickles in her crown and glory. thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card and love the stickles on her too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card & good coloring
    Vicky Schmidt

    ReplyDelete
  15. i have always had an affinity for the Blessed Mother, went to Immaculata University, love this stamp and card

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh you did the stamp set justice and Our Blessed Virgin Mary as well!!! I love your card and though I can't see it, I can picture how perfect those stickles must be!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful choice for your offering.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful! I'm not Catholic but love the image and your coloring is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card.The image and tags are both so pretty.
    crafty teacher

    ReplyDelete
  20. You have a beautiful creation, love the stitching effect. Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  21. This card is just amazing!! Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your card is so stunning. I love religious cards and there seem to be so few these days.Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my, Mary is beautiful! May is the month of Mary and what a beautiful stamp set in her honor! Love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lady Di
    Beautiful card set and appropriate for the Month of Mary,

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my...I really LOVE your details with this beautiful Blessed Mother stamp! Absolutely STUNNING card!!! Thanks so much for the inspiration, and for a chance to win a GC from ODBD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely, I can almost hear the music.
    mary l.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful card. You did a wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is just a lovely image.. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a special card you made! It perfect for this
    month as we honor Mary, our Blessed Mother.
    Thanks for the inspiration!
    -Maryellen W

    ReplyDelete
  30. Lorelie, Yes, you did the stamp set justice - the image of the Virgin Mary is just beautiful! The stickles added depth and she appears to draw your eye to her peacefulness! Bless you and yours . . . Hugs, Magi

    ReplyDelete
  31. what a great job with this card. so holy and inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a beautiful job with these sets. Your coloring is just amazing! The stickles really did highlight her. Love your tags as well. Tks for sharing her with us!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh my heavens! Absolutely gorgeous and so inspriational.

    ReplyDelete
  34. You surely did to both the stamp and the blessed mother justice. My sweetie is Catholic too, so this set is very special to us. Thanks for your lovely coloring.
    Hugs, Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love the use of Stickles. The tag is the perfect embellishment. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Beautiful use of colors. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  38. My mother would really like that image. IU remember when I was in second grade I got to put the garland of flowers on the head of the statue of Mary outside our church.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Nice done. I love/hate your stitching. It's very effective and gives a great finish to the cards. I hate it for the same reason! I'll never stitch a card so I'm basically jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  40. You did a great job on those tags. Your card is beautiful...I like the way you incorporated those arches.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Beautiful, Lorelie! Your card is a real treasure and I love the colors. Your ribbon tag is just perfect and really accents the card well. Terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Very nice card and the colors are soft and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Beautiful stamping! Soft and serene-the border is the perfect accent.

    ReplyDelete
  44. What a stunning card. Your coloring is wonderful, and the border is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Very pretty tag and use of the Stickles.

    ReplyDelete
  46. I love the way the focal image is accented simply for a very dramatic impact.

    ReplyDelete
  47. I think you highlighted the image beautifully with your layers, shading and stickles. Thanks for sharing your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Beautiful card. The new tags are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Just beautiful.

    Tricia6653

    ReplyDelete
  50. Beautiful use of color. TFS {{Hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  51. I know someone this card would be perfect for! How NICE! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  52. pretty. love your ribbon accents!

    ReplyDelete
  53. What a beautiful work of art! I just bought the Blessed Virgin Mary set this morning - can't wait for it to arrive!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Gorgeous tribute to blessed mother. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  55. Oh yes 'mam! You did this stamp set justice alright. She looks like she could step off of the card. How talented to be able to design a stamp set. You are blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  56. Congrats and wonderful work on the mini tags set you designed!! I like the layers & colors you used on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  57. Your card is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  58. This is a very beautiful and inspiring card! You did the stamp justice, Lorelie! Thank you for designing such beautiful designs for the mini tags!

    ReplyDelete
  59. Lorelie, love the Blessed Mother and the ribbon tags, how pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  60. love all the tags you cant have enough when they make such cute cards.

    ReplyDelete
  61. Nice job with the blessed mother Mary stamp and your card. Nice,nice,nice!

    ReplyDelete
  62. sherisay@gmail.comMay 1, 2011 at 1:23 PM

    Nice job! You depicted the blessed mother magnificently.

    ReplyDelete
  63. Wow - what talent! Love the way you used this set.

    ReplyDelete
  64. Beautiful job with a gorgeous stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  65. Inspiring! glendakerr at shaw.ca

    ReplyDelete
  66. Love all the layers and colors. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  67. Beautiful job of coloring. Your stitchez are so straight. Fab job.
    Sharon L

    ReplyDelete
  68. What a beautiful tribute to the Virgin Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  69. Love all the wonderful colors you used.. The tag is really neat and not sure what you used for the edges, but they are really nice. Thanks for sharing your beautiful work with us. Thanks!

    Hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  70. What a talented design team! I love the use of the ribbon tags. You all have opened up a new world of ideas for me!

    ReplyDelete
  71. Love your choice of papers and the beautiful die cuts.

    ReplyDelete
  72. Loveley card. Nice coloring on the image. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  73. Absolutely Beautiful. Thank you for your creation.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  74. Very nice card.

    ReplyDelete
  75. I like the background paper and colors

    ReplyDelete
  76. Love the colors and all those layers. Fantastic card.

    ReplyDelete
  77. nice details on the Virgen Mary-love it!
    The tag w/ribbon is quite nice too!

    ReplyDelete
  78. Beautiful!!! Love the layering and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  79. Terrific card. Your Very Talented! I like everything about your card with all the details. In fact I am sending it to my daughter-inlaw to print out for her mother. She will be so happy to have a picture of your beautiful card to cherish. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  80. I love the colors and the layering. Beautiful work. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  81. Beautiful coloring and I love that loopy die cut behind your focal image.

    ReplyDelete
  82. Lorelie your card is so beautifully done!!! Your coloring is perfect and I love the added stickles!

    ReplyDelete
  83. Very beautiful card, nice coloring. Love the layering.

    ReplyDelete
  84. The is a gorgeous card and I love the layering too! Thanks for the inspiration, I love to learn how to layer the way you did!

    ReplyDelete
  85. Isn't it great that everbody can celebrate their faith? Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  86. What a beautiful way to start the Month of May, with it being the Blessed Mother's Month to shine. A beautiful card for a beautiful Lady. Thanks for remembering her in this way.

    ReplyDelete
  87. Lovely card and use of colors. Very nicely done. This is my 1st time to your blog, I'll be back later to review eveything. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  88. Very lovely card I love ODB has given you some wonderful designs to work with

    ReplyDelete
  89. Very nice card, lots of sparkle and shine without over doing it. Great job, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  90. Such a lovely card! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  91. Nice Job!!! I'm so impressed with ODBD!

    juliayoder@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  92. Great card.

    craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  93. Interesting mix of textures. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  94. Great coloring.
    God bless,
    PeggyS

    ReplyDelete
  95. I really like all the layers and your color choices. Pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  96. I just love the Virgin Mary Stamps - your card design is perfect for her image. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  97. Lovely card - very expressive of your faith!

    ReplyDelete
  98. absolutely beautiful. Nothing else to say.

    ReplyDelete
  99. Really like the way you layered everything.

    ReplyDelete
  100. Very pretty card. I like that the layering is subtle and still allows the stamp to be the focal point.

    ReplyDelete
  101. I love the colors and layers. Great stitching job, too.

    ReplyDelete
  102. Lovely card! My sister-in-law would love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  103. Linda Said...
    What a beautiful card. I loved the layering.

    ReplyDelete
  104. Nice card, I like the colours and the die cut borders.

    ReplyDelete
  105. You did a great job - the tag is beautiful. Love the bordering around it. Your card is very nice and I like how you layered the image with the Martha Stewart corner/border punched design peeking from behind.

    ReplyDelete
  106. Mission accomplished. Adding stickels to Mary's halo definitely makes her stand out. Love the card. Great effects.
    Marcie

    ReplyDelete
  107. oh, i love how you have colored Mary. she has the look of old artwork but with a little sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  108. Beautiful coloring Lorelie! Love all the special details!

    ReplyDelete
  109. Oh Lorelie! This is gorgeous! What an amazing job you did with the coloring and combining of the elements! It is so nice to see this stamp set since it is hard to find them of the Blessed Mother!

    Thank you for sharing!
    Blessings and Hugs,

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  110. Very pretty! Love the Stickles and your colouring.
    Thank you for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  111. Very pretty, love the new tag sets, and your colouring is fantastic! JanK

    ReplyDelete
  112. Beautiful card! Love your colors!

    ReplyDelete
  113. I just love your card!! The papers and colors you used work perfect with the lovely stamp set!
    All these new things are just beautiful, can't wait to see everything!
    Thanks for this chance to win.

    ReplyDelete
  114. Your card is so beautiful!!! I love the colors you used and the stickles definitely set it off!!!
    Thank you for sharing your talent with us.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  115. Beautiful card! Thanks so much for your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  116. Great card. Loved the color combination.
    Candy Meyers

    ReplyDelete
  117. Your card glows it's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  118. Beautiful coloring! YES, you did the picture justice!!! Lovely job!

    ReplyDelete
  119. I love the double arches border around the image. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  120. Beautiful card and I love the colors! I nice remembrance of the Virgin Mary in time for Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  121. Very pretty. Beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  122. And like everyone else....I find it beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  123. This is so lovely! The dies behind her image really add anice touch. How perfect to have a set honoring Mary ths month!

    ReplyDelete
  124. Beautiful colors! Loved how Spellbinders was used also.

    ReplyDelete
  125. great way to make this stamp set 'pop' stickles was a marvelous idea, just a great card

    ReplyDelete
  126. Very pretty card. The Spellbinders fit the card well. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  127. You used the Stickels in the most perfect way! I have goose bumps just viewing your creation!

    ReplyDelete
  128. This is really an unusual card...so pretty! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  129. Thanks for sharing. Love that you share your faith in your craft.

    ReplyDelete
  130. just gorgeous! i love the images you design to go with the new spellbinders tags!

    ReplyDelete
  131. These tag stamps to match the new Spellbinders tags are FABULOUS! Really, really great job!

    ReplyDelete
  132. Beautiful work on designing the stamp. I'm Catholic too and was happy to see Hail Mary. Your card is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  133. Excellent use of your tag set with this Mary image! Love all the tag sets!

    ReplyDelete
  134. Wow what a beautiful stamp!! Your card is gorgeous, love the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  135. Wow,love your card!! The coloring is really doing her justice! Keep up the great work!!
    Hugs from Norway!

    ReplyDelete
  136. Oh Lor, this is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  137. Hi lorelie

    What an amzing card. Being a Catholic myself I love this card as you so rarely get such beautiful cards to honour her.

    ReplyDelete
  138. Hi Lorelie,

    What a beautiful job you did on this card. I know it must have been a labor of love for you. I really like the coloring, and the use of stickles...especially at her hands. The tag looks wonderful...and didn't you create those! I love them! Beautiful! Beautiful!

    He IS Able,
    Traci S.

    ReplyDelete
  139. I love the way you used the punch and the background paper you used is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  140. Your card is stunning! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  141. Love the details that are so quietly in the background with the beauty of Mary so front and center!

    ReplyDelete
  142. Beautiful card! I love what you've done with this stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  143. lovely, a nice way to honor her and I like your layers with that scalloped edge,,,way nice...TFS

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you!