Friday, May 6, 2011

Ahhhh…comfort!

That’s the feeling I get when I look at the image from the Porch set that Dina Kowal designed for ODBD.

I knew I wanted to create a card that was warm and inviting.  I just didn’t know that it would end up taking me all morning to put it together!  Here’s the end result of my labor of love:

I almost always heat emboss images and sentiments on my cards, but with the rattan chairs it was even more perfect because it added even more texture.  I also popped out different parts of the image using Glue Dots® Pop-Ups.  I used the Vintage Border Background stamp to make my curtains and ran those through a crimper, but after running them through my sewing machine they flattened out a bit. I added Papier Glass Finish to the windows.

To my visitors who are moms…have a blessed Mother’s Day!!

Card Recipe
Stamp: ODBD Porch, Mini Tags 1 and Vintage Border Background
Ink: Versamark
Paper: Bo Bunny Timepiece Collection, Stampin’ Up! Basic Brown, DCWV burgundy cardstock, Canson watercolor paper
Accessories: Spellbinders (Ribbon Tags Trio Three, Classic Rectangles Large), Ranger Super Fine black detail embossing powder, Ranger clear embossing powder, FolkArt Papier Glass Finish, paper crimper, decorative ribbon, Glue Dots® Pop-Ups, watercolor markers

2 comments:

  1. Lorelie, this is one of my favorite cards- ever! I love how you have let us see a "peek" of this wonderful place. Your embossing and crystal effects just draw out the beautiful colors you chose. True art my friend! love every inch! (so casing your techniques!) Hugs.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the little details and extra attention were so worth it...makes me want to step inside and relax on one of those comfie chairs. TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you!