Monday, May 30, 2011

Do not be afraid…

When Kelley released this beautiful Blessed Virgin Mary set I was so thrilled!  Being Catholic I knew I would be reaching for this set quite often to make cards and keepsakes for family and friends. 

I wanted to create a card that was ethereal so I decided to emboss the Virgin Mary in white.  I also wanted to use designer paper in a different way as well as mimic a sort of “vision” of Mary:

Please stop by again tomorrow for another card using one of the May sets before the June Blog Hop!

Card Recipe
Stamp: ODBD Blessed Virgin Mary
Ink: Versamark
Paper: Bo Bunny Timepiece Collection, Stampin’ Up! (Basic Brown, So Saffron)
Accessories: white detail embossing powder, Zva Creative pearls,  gold organza ribbon, gold cording

1 comment:

  1. Wow Lor! You certainly have met your goal on this one!!! What a beautiful effect the white embossing is on the arch of that dp! Funny I almost tried something similar with another image yesterday but then didn't! It's perfect for this image of Mary! Beautiful card my friend!!!
    hugs,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you!