Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Fresh strawberries!!

Just about a mile from where we live there is a little stand on a corner that has the freshest and yummiest strawberries I’ve ever had!  The best part is that they are organic, sweet and keeps in the refrigerator for a week.  I plan on buying a case for my sons’ birthday party this weekend to make fruit kabobs…I’ll post a picture next week!

In the meantime, here’s a card using the yummy Strawberries digital stamp from McMahon Five Designs:

M5D Strawberries

I just used my trusty Prismacolor pencils and mineral spirit (aka Gamsol) to color in the image.  I had a scrap piece of brown cardstock that I had punched 3 scalloped circles from and just threaded ribbon through.

I’ve got quite a few things to do before my sons’ birthday party so I will be a busy bee!  Oh, and don’t forget about the M5D Mystery Designer contest…you still have plenty of time!  Read all the details just below this post.  As always, thank you so much for stopping by and leaving such sweet comments!!  They are truly appreciated!

Card Recipe
Digital: McMahon Five Designs Strawberries
Paper: Basic Grey Green at Heart pad, Stampin Up! cardstock (Real Red, Basic Brown, YoYo Yellow)
Accessories:  Zva Creative Circles and Lines white pearls, Spellbinders (Large Octagons, Large Scallop Octagons, Classic Circles Small), Bow-Easy, Prismacolor pencils, yellow organza ribbon, Cuttlebug embossing folders (Polka Dots, Swiss Dots)
 

5 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, love all those pearls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOO I LOVE strawberries and LOVE your card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card Lorelie.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow this is one gorgeous card I so love that image and you talking of strawberries is making my mouth water lol, I adore that beautiful ribbon and bow.
    Hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pearls Lorelie!
    **Milu**

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you!