Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Teacher Gifts for Valentine’s Day

Ahhh, love is in the air! Well, love mixed in with some rain. How does that one song go…”It never rains in Southern California”…WRONG! But, hey, we need it so we’ll take it whenever we can. I know I promised Valentine cards last week, but I’m currently suffering from a really bad intestinal infection and haven’t been well enough to create until now. My apologies! I hope my projects will make up for that :).

Another big holiday, which means gift giving time! I decided to make really simple gifts for both my sons’ teachers, but each unique in their own way :).

My first ensemble is an easel card (FTTC53) using this week’s MMSC40 and Penny Black’s Every Which Way set that is available over at Paper Garden Projects. I made little monogrammed binder clips that you can see a close-up of on the other ensemble I created.

PGP MMSC40 FTTC53 001

PGP MMSC40 FTTC53 002

Gosh, I’ve forgotten how cute all the little Penny Black hedgies were! I braided three colors of ribbon together and tied three knots to add some interest. Make sure to swing by the PGP Store to see what’s currently on sale.

Hedgehog Gift Ensemble Recipe
Stamp: Every Which Way set
Ink: Versamark
Paper: Hearts Bloom Paper Kit, SU Basic Brown, watercolor paper
Accessories: chipboard clipboard, black binder clips, computer generated sentiment, ribbons-buttons-Dew Drops(from Hearts Bloom Paper Kit), Crystal Stickles, black embossing powder, paper floss, Prima Flowers, Spellbinders

*************************************************************************************************

This next ensemble is for my other son’s teacher. As you can see, I tried to make both unique in their own way. For this one I used the colors from the CC257 challenge over at Splitcoast and MOJO125 for the sketch:

M5D CC257 MOJO125 004

M5D CC257 MOJO125 002 M5D CC257 MOJO125 003

I love digi’s that don’t require any coloring on my part, especially if I want to pull something together really quick and the Valentine Heart from McMahon Five Designs. It's red, but I changed it to a rust color for the SCS color challenge on my Photoshop Elements program. I just printed the heart three times and cut them using my Spellbinders to add dimension.

I hope my sons’ teachers like them because we truly do appreciate them!

Stop by McMahon Five Designs to find out the current specials!

Valentine Heart Gift Ensemble
Digi: Valentine Heart
Paper: Fancy Pants I’m Yours, SU cardstock (Soft Sky, Really Rust, Close to Cocoa)
Accessories: chipboard clipboard, black binder clips, white flatback pearls, Fiskar’s Effervescence border punch, computer generated monogram and tag, brown grosgrain ribbon, craft button, white paper floss, Dew Drops (Mens), Spellbinders (Scalloped Circles Small, Classic Circles Small

26 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, love how you did this heart, just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! stunning card...you are
    so creative with your heart...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful cards Lorelie.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word girl the teachers are gonna go nuts...These are stunning girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOWZA, these are perfect Lorelie! Gorgeous sets! I LOVE the DP's that you used, and those images are perfect! Very nice job...what great gifts!

    Thanks for playing along with us at Midnight Madness, and we hope you'll join us again next week too! : )

    ~Cheryl
    MM February Guest Design Diva

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lorelie, your creativity is just astounding to me each time I visit. I always love your gift-giving ideas. :) Your sons and their teachers are SO lucky! Beautiful job! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Midnight Madness. :) Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lorelie, those teacher gifts are absolute awesome!!! Love all of the little details!! I am so sorry you have been so very sick! Take care of yourself and know that I have been praying for you!! Hugs and many healing prayers, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I were your son's teacher. These are fabulous! The only problem would be which one would I want? They are both amazing. Thanks for playing with us at the MMSC this week. I love when you join along with us.

    Carolyn :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lorelie you are so talented and have an eye for design. Your card have amazing eye appeal and stylish and charming composition. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week.

    Bear Hugs,
    Carol :o}
    Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lorelie - your cards are gorgeous, as always. I love the MMSC one - how cute are those embossed hedgies...everything about this card is just so totally appealing! I am loving it! It is great to have you playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week, you know we love to see your cards and would love to see you again next week! {{{hugs}}}
    Linda MMSC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lorelie, your projects are so lovely! Wow, I know that your kids teachers are just going to love your creations! Stunning job as always! Very impressive! It is always a pleasure to stop by and see what you have created with the MMSC sketch each week!
    Denise
    Midnight Madness DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Loelie, I have come to you blog like three times to look at your fantastic card..I always get pulled away before I could comment.. finally..I get to comment on your card. It is just fantastic as always. I love the way you made the green have the water color blend look.Your close ups are wonderful. Thank you for playing the Midnight Madness sketch challenge this week. Oh no, Valentines Day must be coming…wait for it… I “LOVE” that you are around to share with us and your work fills my heart with joy. Be sure to check the sneak peek tomorrow and have a wonderful weekend filled with lots of love and of course crafting ;)
    Sending LOVE your way <3 <3 <3
    Priscilla
    MMSC Hostess

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW Gorgeous gift ensembles, Lorelie! Stunning work and designs! Wonderful attention to details! Thanks so much for playing FTTC!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful projects Lorelie! I'm always astounded by your attention to details. Just lovely!

    Hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wish I was your son's Teacher!
    hahaaaaaaaaaha
    I haven't heard from you lately
    Hope you are doing good =)
    Love
    **Milu**

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are such cool gift sets Lor! They will LOVE them! I wouldn't call them simple but totally adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lorelie, such Terrific gift set! Wish I had the patience like you to make this beautiful set for teachers :) You are just so cool like that! Awesome colors too! Thanks for joining our sketch this week, xox ~Jeni

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oooo..... these are totally FABBBulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great projects girl! Hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous projects, Lorelie! Beautifully done!

    Really hope you are feeling better! Blessings, Fran!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Lorelie! Wow! You made 2! They are both so cool! I'm sure the teachers will just LOVE them! You are so creative girl! Thank you so much for joining us this week and using the new heart digi! Hope to see you again next week!

    Sue
    MMSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  22. Holy Smokes GF!!! I think I want to be a teacher - LOL!!! Your gift set and easel card is FABULOUS!!! Soooo sweet and your designs are always amzing!!!

    Thank you for playing the FTTC with us!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  23. A girl after my heart, love all Penny Black, Margaret Sherry images.

    Love digi's, but LOVE how you can heat-emboss rubba images and like the "lift" of embossing powders!

    ...aww..pretty much admire EVERYTHING on your blog, hedgehops and Sue's heart digi is OUTSTANDING! ... come visit Mo's Digital Pencil on Paper Craft Planet tomorrow..there will be a blog hop with lots of prizes!

    ReplyDelete
  24. che belle!!!!!! adoro i riccetti della Penny Black!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What wonderful teacher gifts! I love the binder clip idea. That will be so handy!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you!