Friday, February 26, 2010

It’s a triple play!

I have been a busy bee today just so I can make up for some lost time. I’ve got a card using one of Our Daily Bread designs’ February sets, a Paper Garden Project 4th Friday Fun Challenge and a McMahon Five Designs March sneak peek!

********************************************************************

Today happens to be PGP’s 4th Friday Challenge! What is it, you ask? Our challenge to you is to create a “Farewell to Winter” card. You can make either a winter or spring card just as long as it signifies the end of winter for you :). I know winter is over when the flowers start to bloom so here’s my take on the challenge using designer paper, cardstock, Dew Droplets and buttons from the Hearts Bloom Paper Kit and following the current SFYTT sketch:

PGP 4th Friday

I was inspired by Angella’s card for my button flowers and loved the look! It was perfect for a “springy” card :). Make sure to stop by the rest of the Paper Gardeners’ blogs to see their cards! Links to them are on my sidebar. Head on over to the PGP Blog to find out what you can win if you participate!

Card Recipe
Stamp: SU Brighter Tomorrow
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: Hearts Bloom Paper Kit
Accessories: Cuttlebug Spots and Dots embossing folder, Spellbinders (Classic Circles Small, Petite Scallop Circles Small), Martha Stewart Pond Frond punch, red silk ribbon
********************************************************************

McMahon Five Designs will be releasing brand new digis this coming Monday, March 1 and I’ve got a little sneaky peeky for you! I love me some butterflies so here’s a card using the upcoming Swallow Tail with the MMSC42 sketch:

ODBD 001

When I first heard of wood paper I was like “really?”. Then I got hold of some and I was blown away by how much texture and interest it added to any card or project! McMahon Five Designs carries several different wood papers so grab up a few of your favorites or grab one of each! Visit McMahon Five Designs March 1 to get your new digis!

Card Recipe
Digi: McMahon Five Designs Swallow Tail
Paper: Cherry Wood paper, K & Company Portabello Road pad, SU cardstock (Bordering Blue, Regal Rose)
Accessories: Prima Mini Flowers, light blue ruffled organza ribbon, white pearls

********************************************************************

Our Daily Bread designs will be releasing brand new sets March 1!! Have you marked your calendars yet? If not, do that now because you won’t want to miss out on getting them!

Until then, here’s a little something I made using the Nest set for this week’s Cuttlebug Be Inspired #72 and One Stop Craft Challenge 68:

ODBD 002

ODBD 003

I colored in the flowers using Smooch Siren. Gotta love any opportunity to add a little iridescent shimmer and I took full advantage of that! Having done so, I realize I NEED to have ALL the Smooch colors now! Uh-oh! LOL!

I know I promised a March sneak peek for ODBD, but I will have that posted tomorrow (Friday). Thank you all for being so patient while I play catch-up!

Card Recipe
Stamp: ODBD Nest
Ink: Versamark, Tim Holtz Antique Linen distress pad
Paper: Jenni Bowlin Vintage Red Line mini papers, SU Rose Red cardstock
Accessories: Smooch Siren, Basic Grey Opaline pearls, Ranger Antique Linen Distress embossing powder, Spellbinders (Classic Circles Small, Scalloped Circles Small), black embossing powder

21 comments:

  1. Fantastic projects Lor! Love them all and I hope it really is fairwell to winter!!! I know lots of us are ready!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lorelie, you are a crafting queen..You have covered a lot here. Love all your projects and those butterflies are fantastic on your MMSC42 card. Keep up the good work..I always look forward to seeing what you are coming up with. Oh I just wanted to let you know to mark your calendar for March 5th because that is when the Midnight Madness will be doing a huge giveaway. It will be a blog candy style with comment entries only. No card making on this one, but I really do not want our regular players to miss out on the opportunity to win. You will not be sorry you entered. As always, thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness sketch challenges with us. We really love checking out all our entries work each week. p.s. Sneak Peek is up

    Priscilla
    MMSC Hostess

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful projects Lorelie - and I sure hope you are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Amazing projects Lorelie. They are all so pretty. Your wall hanging is awesome. Love the depth and texture that you got into it.
    Thank you for joining us this week at the One Stop Craft Challenge.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just so pretty, I love the embossing and your colour combo. Very inventive indeed. Thank you for joining us at OSCC this week.
    Hugs
    Suzi xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what a gorgeous wall hanging. Many thanks for joining in with this weeks oscc.
    Hugs Shelley xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. a lovely wall hanging - great colours and lovely image
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely wall hanger. Thanks for joining the OSCC this week. luv gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy Moly, girl!!!! You are on FIRE!!! Each project is fantastic! I picked a good day to stop by....that's so awesome that you were inspired by one of my cards!! I'm tickled pink!! Can't wait to see what you will do with the new flower sets!!! Hope all is well! God Bless!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wowzer these are all fabulous projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a simply beautiful wall hanging Lorelie. All the detailing is fabulous!
    Thanks so much for joining in the challenge at OSCC this week!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Lorelie, Your work is always gorgeous at the best of times and these cards are no exception! I love the butterflies on your MMSC card - they are so bold and look like they are ready to fly off the page - gorgeous! Love your colours too! Thanks for finding the time to join us at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week - we love to see your cards and hope to see you next week! {{{hugs}}}
    Linda MMSC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Lorelie...you have some wonderful paper confection going on here. I am in awe of your work. The MMSC42 card is so soft and delicate with those enchanting butterflies. You have worked your crafting magic on all these beauties. Thanks for playing along with us in the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.

    Bear Hugs,
    Carol :o}
    Midnight Madness Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lorelie your projects are so wonderfully done. Your butterflies are perfect for the sketch challenge at Midnight Madness. So pretty. It is always a pleasure to check out what beautiful creations you have here each week! Lovely Job.
    Denise
    Midnight Madness DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ack, your cards are so gorgeous, they just make my little heart go pitter-pat! I still have the coffee card you sent me for my birthday a couple years ago. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! You are one busy girl! I am just amazed at both your creations! You have ideas and talent beyond anything I can dream! Stunning work, Lorelie! Thank you for being part of my team! You are an inspiration! :)

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooww, pretty pastels. Love the butterflies, such a pretty Spring card. The wood paper looks great and I love how you used the background paper twice with the wood in between. Thanks for sharing your card created with this week's sketch at MMSC. Your wall hanging with the birds is so pretty. Looks like Spring has sprung in your craft room!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Lorelie,
    this is my first visit to your blog. I love the cards you made. I was surprised to see the wood paper used on your card because I first saw wood paper today when I visited a LSS, Archivers.

    I sincerely hope your health improves and your doctors can resolve the problems so you never have to experience the discomfort again.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Lori..Your cards are `divine` Your wall hanging is so elegantly beautiful What a fab idea.....
    Thanks for joining in with the Cuttlebug challenge great to see you there
    terrie
    http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous cards and project Lorelie!! I can't pick a fave from these...I love the buttons and spring colors on the first, the butterflies and the use of the MMSC on the second, The layout and wallhanging you created with the nest on the third. You rock GF!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow girl. I just love what you are making. they are lovely and brilliant.

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you!