Friday, October 23, 2009

Blooming Explosion Box

I have to say this was not an easy project for me! When I saw Elaine's Magic Boxes I swooned, but mine didn't come close to her art. LOL! I made my floral "stems" shorter because my flowers were too heavy to give it any "swaying" action, although they still have a nice springing action. I used mulberry flowers and I think I rolled too much paper for the centers which gave it even more weight.

I'm still very happy with what I ended up with using a scripture from the ODBD Praying for You set for the Bring on the Bling challenge from Paper Garden Projects:

The "bling" is all the Glimmer Mist I used (on each square, butterfly and flower) and the Opaline Pearls.


A closer look at my flowers. I followed the instructions from Elaine, but I didn't have a 5-petal flower punch so I used my flower stash and could only find 4-petals. I guess you could call these "colorful clovers"!


I cut apart the Opaline swirls to give the butterflies a nice flutter trail.



Having cut the Opaline swirls I was able to stretch out the product and make a more cohesive project. Being frugal made everything flow nicely! The flower center here is a mini wooden knob that I sprayed Deep Plum Glimmer Mist on.



A view of the box sides.
This box kicked my butt, but I'm so glad I tried it! I learned a lot and will make necessary corrections next time :).

Thanks for stopping by and stay tuned for November ODBD SNEAK PEEKS coming in a few days!!!

Box Recipe:

Stamp: ODBD Praying for You

Ink: Versafine Onyx, Distress pads (Walnut, Peeled Paint), SU Summer Sun

Paper: K & Company Madeline pad, DCWV Rustic Stack, Prismatic Pink pack, SU Certainly Celery cs, white printer paper

Accessories: Glimmer Mists (Suede, Deep Plum, Meadow Green, Tuscan Sun), Glimmer Screen, Basic Grey Opaline Pearls, Martha Stewart Classic Butterfly punch, acetate strips, mini wooden knob


11 comments:

  1. Amazimg box!!!!
    Beautiful work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply amazing Lorelie! It makes my head hurt just thinking about putting this together!!! LOL! But the end result is fabulous! Wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just beautiful Lorelie! So elegant and most definitely blingy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BOMBDIGITY LOR!!! I haven't checked out Elaine's yet, but I can't imagine anything more gorgeous!! WoW!
    Ditto Grace...makes my head hurt too....lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe that project kicked your butt!!! You are very funny, it is VERY nice, I think it turned out perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!! You outdid yourself..again! This is truly stunning!! Gorgeous! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous, Lorelie!!! I love how you're not afraid to try different techniques and projects....always fun and super creative!!! You rock, GF!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just gorgeous! It's perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG - this is FABULOUS!!! Oh - I love everything about this box!!! Hugs ~Mrs. Clean~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, no surprising it licked YOUR butt since this box KICKS BUTT!! Gorgeous!!! Now, make me one....please!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you!