Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Colorless layers

Sounded like a technique, didn’t it?  I just looked at my finished card and saw several layers and an uncolored gold embossed poppy from the ODBD Mother’s Day set and thought that would make an interesting title for my post. 

Okay, okay.  I also wanted something that would catch your attention because aside from the beautiful images that ODBD creates the most important things are the scriptures and sentiments that affirms our faith.  Here, I didn’t want the poppy to overpower Isaiah 66:13:

Yes, we are very lucky to have such wonderful images to work with BUT even luckier to have so many scriptures at our stamping fingertips!

Card Recipe
Stamp: ODBD Mother’s Day
Ink: Versamark
Paper: Bo Bunny Gabrielle collection, Stampin’ Up! (Basic Brown, Cameo Coral), Prism Medium Teal
Accessories: ODBD Poppy Die, super fine gold detail embossing powder, Spellbinders Labels 17,  Basic Grey brown Opalines, Cuttlebug embossing folders (Script Text, Swiss Dots), gold organza ribbon, gold cording, dragonfly brass charm

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful card Lorelie.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Lor! Love the embossing! So elegant!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the Mother's Day Card is perfect. I love the scripture, your layout, colors and the way they all go together.

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you!