Thursday, September 30, 2010

A Fall “bouquet” for teacher

I knew I wanted to make a little gift for my son’s teacher and I kept going back and forth whether to make it a Halloween theme or a Fall one.  I also thought “What do teachers need in their classroom all the time?”.  I finally decided on a Fall gift with Halloween colors and what do teachers need at all times…pencils, of course!  So I decided to get a package of #2 Ticonderoga pencils because they were black rather than a yellow-orange which was perfect for my “bouquet”:

Fall Teacher Gift 003

I filled my $1.00 bucket I got from Target with Pumpkin Spice Hershey’s Kisses and Glue Dot®-ed my flowers on the tops of the unsharpened pencils.

Fall Teacher Gift 004

I made the flowers using the Quilled Chrysanthemum Kit from Cuttlebug.  I like to use my Glue Dots® Minis to help keep the rolled papers in place. I apply the top half of a Glue Dot® Mini on the strip of paper, roll a little, then fold up the bottom of the Mini and roll some more.  I did this with all the flower layers.  This helps save on the amount of adhesive you use.  I try to be frugal :). Once you have all your flowers just add a Mini Glue Dot® on the tops of the pencils and stick your flowers on.

Fall Teacher Gift 001

I applied Craft Glue Dots® to the decorative strip of paper for my bucket which made it super easy to complete!

Fall Teacher Gift 002

Students can “pick flowers” if they need a pencil and my son’s teacher can indulge in some Hershey’s Kisses :).

(I wrote this post while participating in the Glue Dots® design team.)

Fall Bouquet Recipe
Glue Dots®: Mini, Craft
Stamp: ODBD Happy Fall
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black
Paper: DCWV Fall Stack
Accessories: Cuttlebug Quilled Chrysanthemum Kit, small bucket, pencils, Spellbinders Assorted Leaves, EK Success Parisian border punch, chocolate candy, black organza ribbon, purple pearl, twine

5 comments:

  1. This bouquet is so beautiful! What a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, What a delightful basket of Fall Flowers and yummy treats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great gift idea..great for teachers..hmm maybe a c'mas one too..tfs..loves ya

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you!