Monday, September 27, 2010

Easy and INEXPENSIVE Halloween Banner

I didn’t have any Halloween wall decor in my collection so I decided to create one!  I had a stack of cardboard inserts laying around (got those free when I bought boxes for my dimensional cards) that I never recycled because I thought I’d use them one day and I’m glad I kept them.  You could also recycle empty cereal boxes!

Look at this plain, unassuming cardboard…it won’t be plain for long!

Glue Dots Halloween Banner

Oh, and do you see these cupcake liners?  Only $1.99 at Michael’s.  Happy! Happy! Happy! You’ll see why in a bit.

Glue Dots Halloween Banner 004 copy

After a little cutting, snipping, embellishing and Glue Dot®-ing (I came up with that new verb…LOL!)…

Glue Dots Halloween Banner 001 copy

I’ve got myself a Halloween wall decor!

Glue Dots Halloween Banner 003 copy

Glue Dots Halloween Banner 006 copy Glue Dots Halloween Banner 005 copy

Just snip a line down one of the liner’s crinkle fold and reattach with a Glue Dots® Line to invert and add dimension.  Oh, and guess who wanted to help? 

Glue Dots Halloween Banner 002

My son Marcus saw me coloring the wooden clothespins and asked if he could do it.  I was thrilled he wanted to join in on my little creative journey!

So, here’s what it cost to create my banner:

Wooden clothespins (package of 24 from Target)- $1.00

Cupcake liners (Michael’s)- $1.99

Purple Tulle (Michael’s)- $2.99 MINUS 40% off coupon so it ended up being only $1.80

Halloween chipboard accents(Michael’s)- $1.00

Glue Dots® (already on hand)

Halloween papers and cardstocks (already on hand)

Cardboard (already on hand)

Buttons and ribbon (already on hand)

My GRAND TOTAL for my project….drum roll, please………………………………………………………………..$5.79!!!!!

Come visit me again this week to see what I made for my son’s teacher for Halloween!

(I wrote this blog post while participating on the Glue Dots® design team)

Halloween Banner Recipe
Glue Dots®: Pop-Up, Glue Lines, Craft Dot N Go dispenser
Paper: Halloween designer papers (K & Company, DCWV) Stampin’ Up! (Pumpkin Pie, Orchid Opulence)
Accessories: Colorbok Halloween chipboard accents, cupcake liners, purple tulle, polka dot grosgrain ribbon, Spellbinders (Classic Small Circles, Classic Large Circles), wooden clothespins, Sharpie black marker, buttons, paper floss

 

 

4 comments:

  1. I love it!!! Is so beautiful!! Only five dollars!! Crazy!! Thanks for the idea!! Take Care!!
    Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this on Twitter yesterday from my cell phone (I retweeted it) and had to view it again on my laptop. I love this and can't believe the cost! Great job! ~Danielle @ohiodh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great project Lorelie!
    You are soooo creative!
    Hugs,
    True :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! How creative and talented you are. TFS

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you!