Wednesday, November 18, 2009

A Midnight Throwdown with ODBD

Like my play on words? I made this card using this week's MMSC28 Christmas challenge and Color Throwdown #69...loved the sketch and loved the color combination!

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the poinsettias in the ODBD November sets! I used the smaller poinsettia which is from the Luke 2:11 set. I can't stamp it just once...I HAVE to always layer my poinsettia because it's just gosh darn prettier and fuller that way!
The 3 November sets are also available for purchase as a bundle at a 10% discount! Actually, any sets that are considered a "bundle" are discounted 10% so make sure to look around!

Card Recipe:

Stamp: ODBD Luke 2:11 and Christmas Verses

Ink: Versamark

Paper: Me & My Big Ideas Harvest pad, Prism Metallic Bronze, Prism Classic Red, SU Old Olive

Accessories: Super Fine Detail and Gold Tinsel ep (50/50 mixture), Pearlized Carnelian ep, Basic Grey Wine/Champagne Opalines, bronze cross charm, Cuttlebug Organic Flourish ef


23 comments:

  1. Elegant and beautiful Christmas card. Love your colors and sentiment. Beautiful shimmery poinsettia. Great job!! The MMDesign Team thanks you for playing along with us this week.

    Phyllis MMDesign Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the poinsettias, beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Lorelie - your card is such a beautiful work of art! The poinsettia's are stunning, so beautifully embossed and layered - gorgeous!! I love the verse you have used and all of the embellishing!! One beautiful card! Thank you for playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week. We look forward to seeing you again next week!
    Linda MMSC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome Lorelie! LOVE the papers and the CB texture and how the flower is set on the ribbon! Great details! It's a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a great card Lor, I love the layering too, I think it is prettier too. Your very funny today, LOL. Thank you for joining us at Midnight Madness this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGOSH! Lorelie this is stunning!!!! I am in awe!!! So gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh I so love your card and sentiment...just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree--layering really does add to the beauty of those flowers--great take on this challenge

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Lorelie! Fantastic card. Love the sentiment and all of your little details that make this card soooooo great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is so beautiful! I love the extra effort that you put into the poinsettias and the gold embossing. Glad that you were able to work our MMSC sketch into your card. It is a perfect fit. Thanks for playing with us! I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    Hugs and Blessings!
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely, without a doubt....stunning!!! I love how you did the word "Jesus"...it looks like one of those metal word embellishments. And the poinsettia with the pearls are exquisite. Thanks for playing along with us at Midnight Madness. It is always a thrill to come here to see your work.

    Carol
    Midnight Madness Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just beautiful Lorelie! I always love to see your wonderful creations. :)
    Michelle MMDT

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just stunning, Lorelie!! WOW!! You rocked this sketch, and those colors!! Just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card....I am glad I do not have to pick a favorite this week, because yours and EVERYONE's have been stunning!!! Great layering, coloring, everything! Thanks for sharing this with us at CTD!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is stunning Lorelie!! I love how you showcased the verse. YOur colors, dp and all your details are gorgeous!! Love those poinsettias!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I wish I could shut my mouth and form words to describe this AMAZING creation you have bestowed upon the Color THROWDOWN and hopefully MANY others, so I could say something WONDERFUL about your drop dead gorgeous creation... Oh wait, my fingers did it for me! Tee Hee

    BRAVO! This card is OUTSTANDING!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous poinsettias, Lorelie! You have a terrific way with colors. I like the little cross and the red ribbon you put up, perfect for this sketch. Have a happy thanksgiving! xox ~Jeni & MMSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card with so many gorgeous details! Thanks for playing along in the Color Throwdown with us!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card with gorgeous design. Love the poinsettias layering job and the color scheme is delightful!
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  20. So very gorgeous Lorelie! Everything about this is over the top beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh yes, layer that poinsettia, baby!! AWESOME!! Love it, Lil' Lor!!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you!