Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Feeling BLUE for today's TIOT

Not blue as in "sad", but blue as in hues! Today's TIOT challenge was to use blues and one neutral color. I always have a hard time with sticking to just one main color, but Atlantia from the new Elisabeth Bell Sampler Edition #2 lends herself very well to a single color and what better color than blue since she's every bit the water goddess!

Here's what I came up with using this week's MOJO113 sketch:

Since I couldn't do much by way of coloring I opted to just highlight parts of her with Moonlight Smooch (I know! I know! I use Moonlight all the time but it's the perfect color for ANYTHING!) on her hair and the shells of her chain belt. I also added Silver Stickles on just the swirls of her wings.

If you haven't already taken a look at the new Elisabeth Bell stamps over at SCACD then head on over there right now and grab up your favorites! You won't be disappointed!

The DT also added a new wonderful designer to the team...please welcome Marti Wills of Pez-A-Doodle Designs! Stop by her blog and say hi! WELCOME, MARTI!!

Card Recipe:

Stamps: SCACD Atlantia

Ink: Versamark

Paper: K & Company La Boutique pad, Prism Blue Steel metallic cs, SU Very Vanilla cs

Accessories: Moonlight Smooch, silver Stickles, Spellbinders, Stone Blue ep, blue satin ribbon, Swirls Cuttlebug ef





8 comments:

  1. Very pretty and the box is just gorgeous also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovly stamp and method used to decorated it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowwww Lorelie,what a beautiful cards,i love the images and colours.
    So gorgeous papers.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning & so elegant Lorelie! I love the soft touches of blue and the Smooch makes a wonderful accessory to the image. Just lovely!

    hugz,
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree WOW Lorelie love how you captured the effect of water in the panels and kept her elegant and crsip - A beauty for sure :o)
    Makes me want to go to the ocean!!!
    Hearts and Hugs
    Susana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Lorelie! This is gorgeous! I really love the blue hues! The texture is great and your coloring is gorgeous... love all the glimmer!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you!