Tuesday, June 14, 2011

ODBD’s June Scrapbook Challenge

I started off as a scrapbooker and not a very good one.  If you all could see my first layouts you’d probably laugh because I know I do!  Over time and with lots of great inspiration to borrow from I’ve learned to do a page or two here and there. 

I decided to play along with the ODBD Scrapbook Team this month.  The challenge was a sketch which you can find in THIS ODBD blog post and here’s how I interpreted it in a 12x12 page:

(Click on each photo to enlarge)

DSC03403DSC03404

As I was thumbing through my box of pictures I came across so many of my boys together and I knew the Time set was perfect!  Don’t be afraid to mix and match sets.  Here, I added accents using the lace border from the Serve the Lord set.

For my journaling I usually write what’s on my mind, but in this case I wanted my words directed at my sons.  I hope when they’re grown with families of their own they will look back at the scrapbooks I’ve created and know just what I’ve felt during their phases in life.  When I’m gone at least I know my words will live on.

As you can see, ODBD stamp sets are perfect for your scrapbook pages.  We hope you’ll join us every month and share your scrapbook pages!

Scrapbook Page Recipe
Stamp: ODBD  Time and Serve the Lord
Ink: Versamark, Stampin’ Up! Bordering Blue
Paper: DCWV Linen Closet pad, Stampin’ Up! Bordering Blue
Accessories: Ranger Super Fine Detail Black embossing powder, white detail embossing powder, Spellbinders Classic Circles Small, K & Company Layered Accents, Zva Creative pearls

4 comments:

  1. Love your page! Everything about it is just perfect, and such a sweet, sweet photo! Have a blessed day girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Lor.

    I think as parents, the greatest gift (outside of being great parents) is to give your child a sibling because they will be the one to travel through their lives together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lorelie, this is such a beautiful and touching page! Your boys melted my heart when I met them in person and saw how much they love each other! You are such a great mom and have taught them well!!! Miss you and love you bunches, Angie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layout. Those two are just too adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you!