Glue Dots® challenged us to create holiday gifts and I went back to my trusty Kusudama Ball, but I decided to make it even more personal and for my family. I put together this Family Heirloom Kusudama ornament using photos of the all the children in the Kim and Abujen families as the center of the flowers:
I printed each picture on cardstock and punched them out using a 3/4” circle punch and attached them with Glue Dots® Pop-ups.
Each petal was attached with Glue Dots® Glue Lines. Each five petal flower was then attached together with more Glue Lines.
Rubber stamp "Rejoice!" sentiment on oval and heat emboss with black powder.
You can find complete downloadable folding and assembly instructions HERE.I hope you will give this project a try as it makes for a very unique holiday decoration for your home and a wonderful keepsake for your family to hand down from generation to generation.
(I wrote this post while participating in the Glue Dots® design team.)
| Family Heirloom Kusudama Ball Recipe |
| Glue Dots®: 1” Glue Lines, Pop-Ups sheet |
| Stamp: ODBD Worship the Lord |
| Ink: Versamark |
| Accessories: black embossing powder, beads, silver cording, Spellbinders Petite Ovals Large |
Hope you all get over your flu bug soon. Your project is absolutely amazing! What a labor of love.
ReplyDeleteI sure hope that everyone in your family feels better very soon. Take care!! Thank you for sharing such a beautiful project, Lorelie!!
ReplyDeleteThis is so beautiful.
ReplyDeleteHugs Riet.x
Oh my goodness Lorelie what a beautiful project and sooooo super creative, girl this is GORGEOUS!
ReplyDeletehi Lorelie! I hope that you all get well soon. Beautiful project.
ReplyDeleteDenise
Hope everyone feels better soon! Just stopped by to see what you are up to and I am glad I did. Awesome projects and such beautiful cards!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful gift! I am amazed. I wonder how long it takes for you to fold one? What total amount of paper do you need?
ReplyDeleteThank you for the for the nice tutorial but I would love answers to my questions so I plan for enough materials and time. :)
This is great! I love your project!
ReplyDelete