Sunday, August 1, 2010

ODBD August Blog Hop Time!!

Hello everyone and welcome to Our Daily Bread design's Aug 1 release blog hop!
If you came from Connie’s blog, you are in the right place! If you just happened to have stumbled upon my blog or if you get lost along the way or any links are broken, just return to the ODBD Blog for the full list of links! We hope you enjoy this months sets as much as we do!!!
This month Kelley is giving away THREE Gift Certificates of $15.00 toward stamps at the ODBD Store! To make it a little more fun ... the prizes are hidden on three different blogs and you won't know which ones, so be sure to leave a comment on each DT blog, because three blog owners will be choosing a winner from their commenters now through Aug 2, 8pm Eastern! So grab your favorite beverage and enjoy the hop! Be sure to return to the ODBD Blog and leave a comment there that you completed the hop and left comments for everyone, noting there if there were any you could not comment on. The hop will close at 8pm eastern tomorrow night (Aug 2). The winners will be announced Tues. on the ODBD Blog!
Today, I’d like to share with you the art of origami.  I created this flower ball using the new sets Don’t Worry! and Harvest Blessings:

Thank you for visiting and I hope you enjoyed my project today. From here, hop over to Randi’s blog to see what loveliness she has created!
Kusudama Harvest Ornament 004 copy
Here are more pictures from different angles (please click to enlarge):
Kusudama Harvest Ornament 003 copy Kusudama Harvest Ornament 002 copy
This is the back:
Kusudama Harvest Ornament copy
Although the project took me a whole day to complete (60 square pieces had to be folded and to each petal had to be glued to each other!) it was well worth the effort! 

Origami Harvest Recipe
Stamps: ODBD Don’t Worry! and Harvest Blessings
Ink: Versamark
Paper: unknown
Accessories: Ranger Super Fine Detail gold embossing powder, gold cording, jewelry beads, Spellbinders Petite Ovals Large

135 comments:

  1. Pretty ornaments Lorelie!! I love the colors - Mmmmmm - reminds me of fall!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Lor! You never cease to amaze me with your creative ideas and talent!!! LOVe the ornaments and yummy fall colors!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohmygoodness....you have waaaaaaaaaaaay too much time on your hands! LOL!! FABulous project Lor...WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is that gorgeous or what!!!!! Lots of work but yes, it's worth it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cleaver, great use of the elements!

    ReplyDelete
  6. *SQUEAL* I love these Lorelie!!!! Love, Love, Love!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowza! Fabulous, Lorelie! So creative and beautiful! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the flower ball. Just wonderful!
    God bless,
    Peggy Allen

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a original idea! I liked so much your ornament! Great project!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree, well worth the effort - beautiful project!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How amazing Lorelie!!! So very pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lorelie, Ditto the positive on the ornaments. My niece is getting married in December, I can see those beautiful flowers in her colors, mmmm gotta find a tutorial on that! Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty--a lovely centerpiece. Love all the tiny folds and how they came together

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fall colors and Beauty too! Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful paper ornament you created! Wow! I love it and to add the new stamp. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. how pretty. I can't do that oragami stuff but I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OH Wow what a stunning ornament, wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the ornament. Great fall decoration.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome job! Where do you come up with this ideas. I love fall !

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very pretty ornament...Love the colors...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lorelie, great ornament! Beautiful color and wonderful use of the stamp. I really, really like your creation!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such fabulous ornaments...great idea and the colours are super.

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. how very creative, what a great gift idea. You inspire me to be more crafty.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your ornaments are so super cute, I just love them and will probably attempt to make one/some.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fantastic - I love origami, we used to do it with my dad when we were little. That butterfly seems to look good every way I have seen it - coloured and plain.

    ReplyDelete
  26. How creative and how darling! The fall colors are gorgeous and it is so fun to see that these fantastic stamp sets can be put to so many different uses. Versatility is a wonderful thing. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  27. your ornament was just gorgeous! adding the origami touch was so clever.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh this is just precious. What a beauty. I am going to give this one a try.

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is wonderful, Lor! I love the origami flower ball and the pinecones are perfect accent pieces. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  30. So worth all your time!! The ornament and tag with the pincones is fabulous! What a wonderful addition it would make to a Dinner table

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thsi si just wonderful! I never would have dreamed origami could fit in with Fall, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  32. These are beautiful..wonderful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh my word is this ever gorgeous!!! I LOVE your designs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Over the top gorgeous. Your flower ball is incredible. You are so creative! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  35. lorelie - your ornament is stunning and well worth the effort. It is absolutely gorgeous. So very clever. Hope you plan on sharing the technique with us. It could be useful with so many occasions. Please do share.
    Marcie

    ReplyDelete
  36. Beautiful ornament, love the colors definitely reminds me of fall. Tks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love your ornament! How creative and perfect for fall.
    Thanks for sharing! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Lorelie,

    What you just created, is totally out of the box, the work you put into this is amazing.

    Its just beautiful with its fall colors.

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  39. Love that saying. I would love to make some of those flowers but it sounds like it is not something for beginners.
    Sharon L

    ReplyDelete
  40. How creative Lor!! Love the ornament and how you used the stamps. Love the colors and design!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  41. Oh my! All that work but it is beautiful. Thanks for giving up a day to share this piece of art with us.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Beautiful ornaments! Well worth the time and effort!

    ReplyDelete
  43. That is so beautiful! Love the paer choices.

    ReplyDelete
  44. O.K. I love a challenge, and love origami. This is my favorite one of all. Do you have a tutorial for the ornaments, or can you point me in the direction of one? Thanks, in advance!

    ReplyDelete
  45. The ornaments are so cool! I hope there's a tutorial for them! Lovely fall colors.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Wow! What a project! And a beautiful one too! I love those flowers and the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Wow, wow, wow!!! Absolutely breathtaking! Love this project, Lorelie! Please, please share the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Wow! Did I say wow already? Beautiful take on the image and a wonderful ornament. I bet your Christmas tree is amazing! Thanks for sharing your talents.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Wow--what beautiful ornaments; I love the colors and wish you'd tell us how you made them....

    ReplyDelete
  50. Lorelie,that was alot of work doing the origami flowers but the finished product was outstandingly beautiful.Wonderful job:)

    ReplyDelete
  51. Very clever and beautiful! All your work is appreciated by those lucky enough to see it. TFS with us.

    ReplyDelete
  52. Wow I love that! This is very inspiring! It sure was worth your effort!! This is breathtaking and I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  53. OMG! I'm in love. What a fabulous masterpiece. You are right it was worth it. Thank you for all your hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  54. What a beautiful decoration. Well worth the time and effort that you put into it :o)

    ReplyDelete
  55. How pretty and different! A treat!

    ReplyDelete
  56. Wow! This is amazing! Is there a tutorial on this? It would be so much fun to try!

    ReplyDelete
  57. OH MY HEAVEN!!! I'm truly impressed. How did you make them--origami? Please tell us how!!

    ReplyDelete
  58. WOW! You're one creative artist! Beautiful ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  59. Love the harvest ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  60. Wow! It is gorgeous and thanks for taking the time to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  61. I can't wait to try and make these ornaments

    ReplyDelete
  62. Lorelie - This is an awesome ornament. Love how it turned out. Thanks for sharing it with us.

    LynneZ

    ReplyDelete
  63. So cute! Boy, would my family be shocked if I showed up for Thanksgiving dinner with this as a centerpiece! Love it-

    ReplyDelete
  64. WOW!!! What a gorgeous project! Shaking my head in amazement!

    ReplyDelete
  65. Kudos to you for all that work...the flowers are beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  66. Amazing ornament! It is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  67. WOW! What an amazing project. Very beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  68. Oh my goodness, this is just STUNNING, and breathtaking and and and I have run out of words to say!!

    Love the colours and the flowers are incredible!!

    ReplyDelete
  69. wow! What a lot of work and time, but so beautiful. It does have such a nice fall flair with these colors. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  70. OH MY WORD- this is simply amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  71. what a great ornament. it is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  72. Oh my! GORGEOUS ornaments in such great colors! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  73. Very creative!! Beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  74. Lorelie, This origami ornament is absolutely beautiful! What patience you must have folding all those papers! Thank you for sharing such a creative and unusual idea . . . Hugs, Magi

    ReplyDelete
  75. Orgami! how delightfully unique presenting a mental study and eyecatching puzzle encouraging thought. In this day and age of abundant Alzheimer's Disease, what a blest idea you have shared. Thirteen minutes a day walking and thinking to solve the most basic of tasks will increase the ability to read and maintain a working level of life. You are appreciated!
    Keep Looking UP!
    mt23stamperatyahoodotcom

    ReplyDelete
  76. This is beautiful - so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  77. Goodness...you put some effort into this one! It was certainly worth the time!

    ReplyDelete
  78. Wow! I hope you offer a tutorial on making this ornament . . . absolutely beautiful.

    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  79. I hope you do a tutorial on this, it is fantastic. I can just imagine this as a holiday decoration. Wow and wow again!

    ReplyDelete
  80. Oh wow, this is a winner! Seriously, that was a lot of work and a lot of talent.

    ReplyDelete
  81. You really need to do a tutorial for this gorgeous design. I absolutely love it. Thanks so much for sharing your amazing talent.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  82. What an amazing creation! You simply must provide a tutorial for this!

    ReplyDelete
  83. I love this flower ball orni. It is a lovely piece of artwork. I see it used as a combo place marker & party favor. Thank you for sharing. ~C8>

    ReplyDelete
  84. beautiful ornaments and the fall colors are so perfect...
    cardchick50@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  85. Wow this is really so pretty! you must have spent so much time doing this! Thank you for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  86. Instructions please - these are beautiful! Love to see a basketful. What a great hostess gift for the upcoming holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  87. These flower balls are fantastic - feeling very inspired by your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  88. Oh how cool!!! Love how you photographed this too. Very fun! Have a blessed week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  89. Lor, this is fabulous!!!!!! You are the technique queen!!!!! Too stinkin' cool, GF!!!! Love ya, sister!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  90. This is just a gorgeous ornament! I would love to try to make one, but I don't know that I would have the patience that you have! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  91. Great idea! Beautiful colors! I love what you've done.

    ReplyDelete
  92. Lorelie,
    You are so richly blessed with talent! The ornaments are beautiful, but then all of your projects are beautiful.
    Thank you for all you do to help us.

    ReplyDelete
  93. What detail an act of love for this craft.

    ReplyDelete
  94. The detail is outstanding a labor of love.

    ReplyDelete
  95. So pretty! I would love the directions for your lovely flowers. Gorgeous project ~ TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  96. Oh my heavens what a beautiful project you created. Talk about lovliness, this is it!

    ReplyDelete
  97. Holy smokes, this is amazing!!! You blew my socks off!!!! GREAT JOB!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  98. When I saw the word "origami" I was thrilled. It's one of my favorite paper crafts!!! Lovely colors on the flower ball.

    ReplyDelete
  99. that a neat ornament or table decoration. the butterfly accent makes it special

    ReplyDelete
  100. Oh my Lor! This is just so amazing!! This ornament is sooo beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  101. Holy cannoli!!!! Fab project, don't know if I have the patience. LOL Beautiful color choices!

    ReplyDelete
  102. Wow that is awesome!!! just beautiful!!! Thanks for the chance to win.

    ReplyDelete
  103. Your are right...the time it took you to cut, glue, fold was well worth the effort. This blog hop has had some wonderful ideas that I plan to use...yours is one of them. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  104. Love the project - nice idea for upcoming holidays. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  105. Your ornaments are just beautiful. The colors are so rich and warm. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  106. Oh my word, Lorelie, this is breathtaking!!! What a cool idea and what amazing little gifts they would make.....can I be your friend ;D;D? Gorgeous!!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  107. This is just awesome!

    Ramona
    http://create-with-joy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  108. It is so hot here, but now I am getting in the mood for fall. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  109. Such a pretty ornament. It's winter where I live so I'm looking forward to warmer weather!

    ReplyDelete
  110. How beautiful is this!?! Wow. . .what a work of art. . and such a wonderful way to showcase the new stamps from ODBD

    ReplyDelete
  111. Lorelie, these table embellishments are adorable. They look tricky to make but they certainly are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  112. Absolutely beautiful, Lorelie!

    I love the way you created your flower ball! The sentiments look beautiful also!

    He IS Able,
    Traci S.

    ReplyDelete
  113. Boy you have certainly encouraged us with a fantastic project. All of you ladies have done a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  114. I love the ornaments!!! It's such a creative way to use the stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  115. Lorelie, this is just amazing and I love it and so going to try it! Sorry I am so late to the hop but I wanted to stop by and see your blog. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  116. Can you please share the directions for the flowers? I love them.
    Candy Meyers

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you!