Wow, I didn’t even notice it’s been that long since my last post! I’ve been quite busy with something really exciting and there’s just so much behind the scenes and prep work going on. I’ll share those news later when we’ve got everything ironed out :).
For today, I have something sweet once again. Whenever I think of the autumn season I think of maple, as in maple syrup…is that strange? I’m not really sure if maple syrup is even harvested during autumn, but it’s just stuck in my mind. I had to let the thought out through cupcakes, of course! I made French Toast cupcakes with MAPLE cream cheese frosting sprinkled with MAPLE bacon bits and paired it with a card using the Don’t Worry! and Harvest Blessings sets from Our Daily Bread designs:
My baking helpers sprinkling on the maple bacon. I had to keep an eye on them to make sure they weren’t eating the bacon. No “a sprinkle of bacon for the cupcake and a handful of bacon for me” happenings. Don’t feel sorry for them because I did fry some up for them to gobble up :).
These mini cupcakes are perfect for a quick breakfast on the go! Yes, I would have thought the bacon thing was a little weird for sweet cupcakes, but I saw an episode of Cupcake Wars where a baker added bacon and strawberries for a cupcake topping and I figured why not? Bacon and French toast sounded like a winner to me and from the looks of my sons chowing down on them they were YUMMILICIOUS!
But if I must be honest, I cheated…I doctored up a cake mix AND ready-made frosting . Here’s the super simple recipe:
French Toast Cupcakes
1 box of yellow cake mix
1 package of vanilla instant pudding mix (3.4 oz)
1 1/4 cup milk
3/4 cup oil
3 large eggs
1 tbsp. ground cinnamon
*Blend all ingredients with an electric mixer until smooth. Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes for standard size cupcakes. For minis, bake at 325°F for 18 minutes. I like minis since all you do is unwrap and pop the whole thing in your mouth!
Maple Cream Cheese Frosting:
1 can of ready-made cream cheese frosting
1 tbsp. maple syrup
*Stir in maple syrup and pipe onto cupcakes.
Bake or fry up some maple bacon, crumble into small pieces and sprinkle over cupcakes.
===>Grab a cup of cold milk or hot latte and enjoy!
| Card Recipe |
| Stamp: ODBD Don’t Worry! and Harvest Blessings |
| Ink: Versamark |
| Paper: Basic Grey Max & Whiskers, Stampin’ Up! (Garden Green, Summer Sun), watercolor paper |
| Accessories: Martha Stewart Layered Arches punches (border and corner), Cuttlebug Seeing Spots embossing folder, Spellbinders (Classic Square Small, Classic Scalloped Square Small), Ranger Super Fine black detail embossing powder, rhinestones, yellow organza ribbon, Scor-Pal (to create box), acetate, watercolor markers, 1/4” Scor-Tape |
Looks good, how fun, a family project. I see you have some great food testers there. Hope you have had a great rest and can't wait to hear your news. Hugs, Jane
ReplyDeleteOops, WOnderful card - OF course!!
Oh my gosh, those cupcakes look SO good! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe! I printed it out, and hope to try these very soon! Your card and matching box are just beautiful!
ReplyDeleteThese cupcakes look good and I like bacon :).
ReplyDeletelove the card and box of treats.
This is one stunning set!!!!! Beautifully done.....great photos too!!!!
ReplyDeleteYou're making me hungry. :) What a fun thing to do with your boys. It looks like they really enjoyed the whole process from decorating to eating!
ReplyDeleteI'm so curious about your upcoming news too.
Maple syrup is really harvested in the spring when the sap begins to flow. But I won't tell anyone...Maple syrup is good in the fall too! And your recipe sounds lovely; will have to try it out.
ReplyDeleteOh my Lorelie! Your card and little box of goodies are gorgeous! And I am going to have to try your recipe! Sounds incredible!!!
ReplyDeleteYummy... cute pics of the boys!
ReplyDeleteOh yum Lor!!! LOVE this set and the great fall colors! Your kids are adorable and the recipe sounds yummy!!! Great project!!!
ReplyDeleteYou're making me hungry. Loved baking with my boys when they were that age. They are 43 now.
ReplyDeleteYour card and little box of goodies are gorgeous!
All I can say is that you could not have asked for more beautiful boys!!! My goodness when the teen years come you are REALLY going to have your hands full...love your project and your gorgeous card...but again, those darling boys!!
ReplyDeleteOH YUMMMY Lorelie!! WOW, I just had to show my DD as she LOVES cupcakes and anything with cream cheese and bacon! Never thought to combine the two! =) THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing your recipe with us!!
ReplyDeleteP.S. - Just wanted to say that we'll miss you at M5D too! It sounds like you're cooking up something BIG though... can't wait to see what it is!! *Ü*
Blessings x
P.S.S. - Your packaging and card are AWESOME!! Great use of the Max n Whiskers DP!! =)
ReplyDeleteHi Lor!! Just stopping by to see what you're up to! I miss you already!! I love the pics of your boys preparing and eating the cupcakes!! Too fun and too sweet!! Talk to you soon! Lv ya! Ang
ReplyDeleteLovely card and box
ReplyDelete