Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Baby Keepsake Flower Ornament and instructions!

I was asked by several people for instructions on how I made the Harvest Blessings flower ball ornament.  The flower ornament is known as a “kusudama ball”.  Although the idea is not mine, I decided to create step-by-step photo instructions because I myself had to search quite a bit on the web for instructions (some were clear on certain aspects while not-so-clear on others).  I had a heck of a time trying to figure out how to glue the whole thing together so it is my hope that my instructions will be clear enough for anyone to create their own kusudama ball.
Here is another finished project using a different fold, this time a baby keepsake ornament using an adorable digital image from *Wink*Wink Ink called Special Delivery.  I made this for the *Wink*Wink Ink August Challenge #2 of using metal (I added silver bead caps to the origami flower centers) :
Kusudama Baby Ornament 065 copy
Kusudama Baby Ornament 062 copy
 
I created these instructions so that you may print them out and practice putting a kusudama ball together.  The first set of instructions show how to create the flower from the Harvest Blessings ornament. The second set shows how to create the flower from the baby keepsake ornament.  The third shows how to put the whole thing together.  I use 3” square sheets, but you may use larger pieces for an even bigger kusudama!  Don’t let the amount of square sheets scare you.  Do what I do and fold throughout the day, especially during commercial breaks of your favorite shows!  Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions regarding my instructions.


NOTE: You will not be able to read the directions embedded in some of the images even if you click to enlarge photos. 
You can find downloadable pdf files by clicking HERE.
 Harvest Kusudama instructions Alternate folding instructions
Flower Ball instructions 
Baby Keepsake Ornament Recipe
Digital Stamp: *Wink*Wink Ink Special Delivery
Paper: My Minds Eye
Accessories: Glue Dots Continuous Glue Lines, silver cording, beads, bead end caps, pink rhinestones


13 comments:

  1. Wow, this is great. Thanks for the instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is soooooo pretty! thanks for the instructions! i will give it a try =)

    hugs
    juli

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that's beautiful! Holy Cow you really wanted to do this didn't you. Great Tutorial! Thanks for doing all the research and sharing.
    Hugs & Blessing
    Bernie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful ornament and great instructions too! Thank you for all the hard work you put into this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning sweetie, WOW thanks for the instructions you rock!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful Lorelie. Thanks for sharing how to make these. I hope I have a chance soon to give this a try. :) Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is FAB project. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely beautiful!! Thanks for the instructions - I need try this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is awesome! I need to try this - thanks for the tutorial. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lorelie, this is just AMAZING! WOW!!! I LOVE it! You blew my mind! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is GORGEOUS!!! I am going to have to find some time to try this one day. Thank you for taking the time to share the instructions. Your creations are always so amazing.

    Hugs,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you!