Monday, December 14, 2009

Making up for lost time...

I can't believe it's been almost two weeks since my last post! I've had to take care of certain obstacles in life and hopefully things will settle down soon. I was going to take the entire month off, but making cards (along with fervent prayers) has always been therapeutic so I hope it will save my sanity.

It was time to say farewell to Susana's Custom Art and Card Designs. I had a wonderful 6 months designing for Susana and working along side her equally wonderful DT!

****************************

I went "challenge crazy" for both of my cards today and it took me most of the day to finish. Maybe a little rusty after not making any cards the last two weeks???

Paper Garden Projects will be hosting another blog hop Dec. 19 so make sure to take part in it to see the DT projects and for a chance at some candy!

PGP just got in new, super adorable winter images from Eat Cake Graphics and I was happy to be able to play with the Let's Go Sledding set. Here's my card using this week's Friday Sketchers Sketch 82, Basic Grey Week 10 Colour Combo 3 (cream, pink and blue) and Whiff of Joy Challenge #58 (Sparkle!):

Check out PGP's All That Glitters Sale (links to sale items are found on the home page to the right).

Card Recipe:

Stamp: Let's Go Sledding (Eat Cake Graphics)

Ink: Versamark

Paper: Frosted Winter Paper Kit (Snow Notes), SU cs (Bashful Blue, Very Vanilla, Pretty in Pink), watercolor paper

Accessories: Crystal Ice Stickles, Zva pearls, Basic Grey Lemonade Pops, Basic Grey Opalines, Polar White Flower Soft, watercolor markers


***********************************************************************************

I finally got the chance to create with the new Flower Soft Display Globes and I was a little intimidated at first, but once I finished it I wanted to make more! Here's my card using the MOJO117 sketch and OCCC's Holiday Theme challenge (my apologies for the glare from my lamp in the photos):

I love the sentiment from the His Gift set and naturally, I had to use Flower Soft Polar White to make it "snow" in my globe.

Don't you just love the dimension of the globe?! You need to also check out some new Memory Box papers...gorgeous!!

I used my Spellbinders Oval dies to nestle the globe onto to accommodate the size of my card, but ODBD carries the Flower Soft Oval Aperture Cards and Envelopes to help make creating with the display globes quick and painless!

Make sure to become a Follower of the ODBD blog to keep up-to-date on the latest happenings. You won't want to miss a thing!!!

Card Recipe:

Stamp: ODBD His Gift

Ink: Versamark

Paper: Memory Box (Spiceberry), SU cs (Always Artichoke, Basic Brown)

Accessories: Flower Soft (Polar White, Display Globes), Spellbinders (Petite Large Oval, Petite Large Scallop Oval), Basic Grey Opalines, Fiskars Effervescence border punch, white ep, white linen ribbon, Bow-Easy

14 comments:

  1. You make some beautiful cards;0)
    Have a nice day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope all is well with you Lorelie!! You sure have been missed! Your cards are stunning!! Love your sweet image and coloring paired with the layout on the first and the second is stunning. Love how you used the flower soft bubble. Stunning colors and design!!
    big hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous cards Lorelie,i love your images and colours.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your cards Lor, My fav is the globe card, those are always interesting. Take care of yourself. Hugs, Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful, wonderful projects! Love the first one, so cute and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a great card--love that shakey snow!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are making up for lost time Lorelie - what great cards. I love that layout on the first one (and you know I love Eat Cake LOL!). Your second card is so elegant! I've never tried the snow globes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Truly beautiful cards, they are so gorgeous. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Lorelie,

    Hope you are doing well! Your cards are absolutely amazing, as usual!! The one you made with the Flower Soft bubble is truly a work of art. I really love it! So great to see you playing along with the OCC this week. Hope to see you back again soon!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both of your cards are beautiful. I hope that you're life is settling down some!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh, what fabulous projects with great details!!! Love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. great and beautiful projects .. love them

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I love what you did with this globe Lor!!! Just gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you!