Tuesday, February 1, 2011

ODBD February Release Blog Hop!!!

Hi everyone and welcome to this month’s New Release Blog Hop from Our Daily Bread designs!

If you got here from the fabulous Connie’s blog then you’re in the right place!  If not, you might want to start from the ODBD blog and hop from there so you don’t miss out on any of the fun!

The Hop will run from 8am eastern Feb. 1 until 8pm Feb. 2. Winners will be announced on the ODBD Blog on Feb. 3rd, along with Sandee’s fabulous Time With Project!

Kelley is giving away SIX prizes this month! FIVE people will win one Single Fish Stamp of their choice, and ONE blessed person will win the FEBRUARY BREAD BASKET BUNDLE!
To be eligible to win, here is what you have to do:

  • Hop to each blog on the list and leave a comment for each designer
  • Return to the ODBD Blog and tell us you completed the hop, letting us know if there were any blogs you could not comment on
  • Answer the question on the ODBD blog… you do not need to answer it on the designer’s blogs… just the ODBD blog

I LOVE the new Anchor set and here’s what I created for all of you wonderful hoppers:

I found that gorgeous frame in the $1 bin at Michael’s.  All I did was strip the back clean of the stand and plastic and voilà…an excellent center piece!
 
I accented the image with Stickles and Crystal Effects which I haven’t used in a long while.
 
 
As a fun accent I filled a mini glass bottle with sand and a rolled up piece of paper to act as little “note” to God Smile.
 
Thank you for stopping by!  You’re next stop is on the ever-so-talented Becca’s blog.
 
Card Recipe
Stamp: ODBD Anchor
Ink: Versamark, Antique Linen distress pad
Paper: DCWV Rustic pad, Stampin’ Up! Bordering Blue, The Paper Company (Coffee Café, black), Canson watercolor paper
Accessories: resin frame, Martha Stewart Double Loops Punch Around the Page, black detail embossing powder, watercolor markers, Waterfall Stickles, Stampin’ Up! Crystal Effects, mini glass vial with cork stopper, Cuttlebug Kassie’s Brocade embossing folder, sand, printer paper, Glue Dots® (Craft, Micro), Basic Grey brown Opaline pearls, gold cording

161 comments:

  1. I love what you did with this, Lor! The background really draws attention to the anchor, and gives it a vintage feel, and the little bottle is a perfect accent, and so cute!! Hope you had fun at CHA - saw you in someone's picture... maybe I'll see you there next year. Hugs,Dina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lor, this is fabulous! Gorgeous colors and coloring. Love the frame.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lorelie I love all the details that you have packed into this. Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is in incredible frame! So strong and meaningful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is lovely, and that die really sets off that beautifully coloured image!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Love the radiating spokes and frame to really accent the beautiful image - love that little bottle, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful Card... the whole thing is just beautiful, colors, papers, idea.... just everything...Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card...such clever details!! Thanks for sharing your creativity and talents!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh it's beautiful Lor! I love that frame... I got a couple... need to pull them out! LOVE the little bottle of sand! Perfect touch!!! It's just gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving that frame! It really stands out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is so creative!! love the gorgeous frame and the little bottle of sand with the rolled paper is so darn cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your card! the coloring is so awesome. thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. your card is so cute with the radiant effect and the time in a bottle and such a cute frame. well done.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think this is beautiful. Love how you used the frame and the little glass bottle.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a talented lady, my style. Very creative! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful card. I love everything about it especially the frame. What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, this is art !!!! I just love what you did with this piece. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is more than a card! What a adorable little work of art!! Love the frame!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful card. The frame and message in the bottle really make the card extra extra special. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW! Love that frame - and the little glass bottle. How clever!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, I would have never thought to use a frame. It is gorgeous! I love the bottle accent also.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your card and the stickles are a great touch. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You are such a talented and creative lady. Your card is magnificent.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Just when I think these cards can't get any better I hop to the next blog and think 'wow'. Details are amazing and the bottle just the right touch. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  25. What an amzing card. Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love your card. the frame adds so much to the card.
    Hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love your card. The frame suits the card and make the anchor stand out
    Hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow!! What an amazing card! The details!!!
    Very very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  29. It definitely 'radiates' with beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is stunning Lor!! I just love the dp you used with the rays, the gorgeous textured frame and the bottle of sand and the message!! How creative and gorgeous girl!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  31. incredible card-love the frame idea-it is so perfect with the anchor image

    ReplyDelete
  32. Absolutely stunning, Lorelie! So many fabulous elements, from the stitching, to the layers and frame, and then that mini glass bottle with sand - so creative!

    And I just discovered your blog on this hop and am now a follower - so nice to meet you!

    http://lillianchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Absolutely Stunning!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. No way, the frame was in the dollar bin? What a way to make your awesome card shine. Your striped paper is perfect. I love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  35. What a beautiful creation to showcase the verse. I love the little bottle!

    Anne (UK)

    ReplyDelete
  36. I like how your eye is drawn to the centre of the card. The sand is such a wonderful touch. Love the look.

    ReplyDelete
  37. This is a well done card! All the extra touches really put this card over the top! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  38. It's amazing to me how so many of you used the same stamp, yet each one is so unique and so neat!
    Love the bottle!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Oh my goodness. I love how you did this card. The colors just pop!! The little message in a bottle is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  40. WOW! Love how you used the frame - and, that tiny message bottle is an awesome touch, too! What creativity! Thank you for sharing your talent. It inspires us to think outside the box!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Beautiful card. Love how you used the frame on there and also the little glass bottle. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Oh My Gracious - I love this. Looks like a port hole on a ship. And the colors are wonderful. Great card!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Alright, I'm going to have to go to Michaels now to look for these frames. You're the third person who has used them on cards like that. Very cute. Love the look.

    ReplyDelete
  44. The frame is a wonderful touch. And the bottle with the sand and a "note" to God, our Anchor is a wonderful touch also.
    Jean McGee

    ReplyDelete
  45. I love details on cards and you have many! They work great together and Anyone would be blessed to receive a card from you!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Love the detail of the "bottle of sand".

    ReplyDelete
  47. LOrelie,
    Just love your beautiful card, the tiny bottle with the note to God is a wonderful idea!! I might ahve to borrow that one, I have some of those mini bottles with sand and love the look of that embellishment! ~Ginny K.~

    ReplyDelete
  48. Very nice. I love the little bottle attached to the card.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Beautiful, I love the die set, and your little bottle of sand, beautiful colours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  50. Judy I, St. Louis MOFebruary 1, 2011 at 8:01 AM

    What a great card. I really like the frame and your bottle of sand embellishment

    ReplyDelete
  51. Love the note to God and the frame. It makes the card unusual. That alone would make it a special gift for someone

    ReplyDelete
  52. WOW! and that is an understatement! Such a wonderful work of art, the frame, the message in the bottle, the beautifully colored and stickled stamp work. Just over the top gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Don't we all spend a lot of time in the Michael's dollar bin? Good job on the card.

    ReplyDelete
  54. LOVE the sand bottle add on! FAB idea! Cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  55. You have an amazing creative eye to be able to see usefulness in something like your find at Michaels! Great inspiration today - thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  56. One word - Amazing! This is an amazing work of art, it really is. All the little extras make it so special. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  57. Love your card with the message in a bottle - just stunning. Thanks for sharing your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  58. Lorelie, this is a delightful card! Love the framework!

    ReplyDelete
  59. I love the frame and the note in the bottle. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  60. Amazing is the best word for this card!

    Jeannette B.

    ReplyDelete
  61. This is a beautiful card! Everything you used came together to make this a wonderful card. Love the frame idea.

    ReplyDelete
  62. Lor, this is totally, totally fabulous, GF!!! Your designs are always full of creativity and just plain cool!!! Keep doin' what you're doin'!!! Blessings, Angie

    ReplyDelete
  63. Wow! I love the frame!! As an owner of many bottles of sand, I think this is a fantastic touch for your card!

    ReplyDelete
  64. This is fantastic, Lorelie! I love your little frame and choice of dp. Wonderful coloring and the message in the bottle is just perfect. Terrific job!

    ReplyDelete
  65. This is just beautiful Lorelei! I love all the little additions. This whole set just warms my heart :)

    ReplyDelete
  66. Lorelie, WOW! What a great card; I LOVE all the details, especially the little bottle of sand and the note to God (perfect)! Thanks for sharing. Jo4Him

    ReplyDelete
  67. Very cool!! Great use of the frame, love the little bottle of sand with a letter, the banner and all the layers!!

    ReplyDelete
  68. This is awesome! Thanx for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  69. Okay. . .this belongs in frame. It is a work of art. . .gorgeous! Love all of the 3-D elements and the textures. WOnderful way to accentuate the Son as the anchor of our souls! "Janaria" Jan E.

    ReplyDelete
  70. very nice I love the frame, and the how you added all the cute little things to your card very clever. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  71. These cards are all just gorgeous! Ilove this little bottle of sand. Very appropriate for the image. And a lovely little frame too! Makes me think of all the very old little frames I have in boxes,heaven know's where! I guess when I come across them again, I'll see what I can do with them. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  72. Wow what a find and what you did with the whole card is just terrific! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  73. Terrific card! I love that frame it makes the card so stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  74. Your card is awesome, the frame and the little bottle are just so unique! I love it!
    Happy Crafting!!
    Karen dkolopez@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  75. Wow! Amazing details on a fabulous card! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  76. I really like the crystal effects on the anchor! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  77. I love everything on this card. You did amazing. The little bottle was the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  78. I am so impressed!!! Fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  79. Gorgeous card. Your creative talent really shines through this project. The tiny bottle is an extra big "WOW". {Hugs}

    ReplyDelete
  80. Stunning card Lorelie!! Every element just builds upon each other. The outward shining rays are magnificent - what a brilliant use of the paper. This is one of your very best!

    ReplyDelete
  81. You did a great job...love the details.

    ReplyDelete
  82. Oh my, Lor! This is just sooo wonderful! Love that frame around your image, and your little charm is just perfect! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  83. Wow, what a cool idea. I can't wait to find some of these neat things.
    The card is so good.
    Candy Meyers

    ReplyDelete
  84. I love the vintage feel of this card. All the little details you incorporated makes the card just stunning!

    Cheryl S.

    ReplyDelete
  85. Oh my goodness how talented are you. What a brilliant card. The frame really sets it off. Love the mini bottle

    ReplyDelete
  86. Wow I love that little bottle ... what a great touch. Your colouring is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  87. Wow! Loved it! That frame is so cool! I've never seen anything like that in the bins at Michaels. I'll be looking closer now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  88. Such an inspiring card!! Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  89. This is so pretty and so very creative! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  90. Your cards aren't just cards, they're works of art! Who wouldn't want to frame that beautiful card in a shadowbox frame and hang it on the wall?

    Dianna N.

    ReplyDelete
  91. STUNNING! Beautiful colors and detailing! Gorgeous card, Lorelie!

    ReplyDelete
  92. I love your card! The extras really added to it!!

    ReplyDelete
  93. What a beautiful and unusual card!!! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  94. Your card is just beautiful!
    I love all the detail!!

    ReplyDelete
  95. I absolutely love the ingenuity you used to make that frame and the little bottle with a cork is ingenious. What a beautiful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  96. such a great idea with the frame(so cheap, that's awesome) and beautiful coloring, I don't remember the last time i saw such a gorgeous MANLY card...love what you did with all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  97. Awesome! Your card is over the top!

    ReplyDelete
  98. I love your creative use with the frame and the little message in the bottle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  99. Love the frame idea! Pretty card too!

    ReplyDelete
  100. Beautiful card. Love the special effect of the frame and sand bottle. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  101. This card is fabulous!! I love what you did with the frame.

    ReplyDelete
  102. Absolutely gorgeous love the frame and the lil bottle with sand!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  103. A wonderful use of found items to accent the card.

    ReplyDelete
  104. Amazing card,love the frame and the little bottle!

    ReplyDelete
  105. Beautiful!!! I love everything about it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  106. The frame just sets the anchor off! Very well done Lori.

    ReplyDelete
  107. Lorelie this is stunning!!! I love everything!! That frame is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  108. This card is stunning--love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  109. Lovely work, too nice to just be on a card!

    ReplyDelete
  110. michelle f. said...

    this card is worthy of being framed and put in a special place as a daily reminder of His love for us. love all the little details.

    ReplyDelete
  111. I love the frame idea. Now I'll be hunting that frame down for my own use. Very inventive.

    ReplyDelete
  112. Love the little bottle and message to God! Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  113. I love everything about this card. You used such unique accents. It definitely inspires me to use things not usually incorporated in a card. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  114. Aren't you clever & quite creative! Love the uniqueness of this beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  115. Beautiful frame around the image and I love the way the dp looks like rays coming out from the image.

    ReplyDelete
  116. What a delightful card and the sentiment is so very true.

    ReplyDelete
  117. WOW!!! This card is amazing! Love the frame and sand bottle!

    ReplyDelete
  118. Your use of the frame and background paper to create an impact with the anchor is truly inspired. The card is gorgeous.
    Linda S in SC

    ReplyDelete
  119. Nice card! Marie Sellers

    ReplyDelete
  120. love this card, especially the little bottle of
    sand

    ReplyDelete
  121. This card is awesome!!! The way to used the frame is so unique.

    ReplyDelete
  122. Very nice. Great use of materials.
    mary l.

    ReplyDelete
  123. I am speechless...this is stunning, just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  124. Amazing, the embellishments are just perfect for a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  125. Love your presentations, always lovely and easy on the eyes. Only wish I had just a smidgen of your gift to create.

    ReplyDelete
  126. What a great idea for a focal piece. I was shopping at Hobby Lobby tonite and found some cheap things to use that will look great! Beauty doesn't have to be expensive! Beautiful card, and I really like the textures, the colors and patterns - they really mesh well.

    ReplyDelete
  127. Oh, man. You pulled out all the stops on this one. Just love the litle bottle of sand you tied on.

    ReplyDelete
  128. That little bottle with the message to God is absolutely the cutest. I love the frame and what a good idea to us crystal effects. This is such a gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  129. What an impact this card has. Love the way you've used these found elements on your card, so different.

    ReplyDelete
  130. This is beautiful, I'm going to order these sets right now!

    ReplyDelete
  131. Amazing, I am so glad I checked this out.

    ReplyDelete
  132. Very nice card. love the sand in the bottle.

    ReplyDelete
  133. VERY NICE CARD. JOB WELL DONE.

    ReplyDelete
  134. Wow, love all the layering and texture. The frame and little sand vile are great accents also.
    God bless,
    Peggy Allen

    ReplyDelete
  135. You have done a fantastic job in creativity with this card. All the details are wonderful, the frame how great is that?

    ReplyDelete
  136. Wow, wow, wow, wow, wow! This is GORGEOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  137. Fabulous--I really like the frame and the little bottle.

    ReplyDelete
  138. The background really draws attention to your beautifully done card. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  139. Loved the addition of the little glass bottle.

    ReplyDelete
  140. Ohhh this is beautiful. Love this design and all of your details, Lorelie! Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  141. I LOVE this Lor!! it needs a frame... fabulous!!
    what fun getting to meet you!!!!!!
    I'm still stranded...might be at your house next, LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  142. WOW! This is a GORGEOUS card! I love how you used the frame from Michael's. You are blessed with amazing talent. :D

    ReplyDelete
  143. Stunning creation. Love the frame & bottle!

    ReplyDelete
  144. Beautiful card Lorelie The gorgeous frame draws the eye in to the beautiful image. I would frame it all and hang it on my wall. tfs
    HW(UK)

    ReplyDelete
  145. I found your card on SCS and just HAD to come and see the set! It is PERFECT!!

    ReplyDelete
  146. This is a great card! Love the colors and the frame was a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  147. Stunning card. The little frame is perfect with your image and I love the little glass bottle with sand and a message. Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  148. Beautifully put together. I love it when ideas just come together. Where did you get the striped paper? Really nice. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  149. Hi Lorelie~

    How Creative You Are! I love everything about this. I was amazed at the little bottle with the note to God. And, how wonderful the glassy accents and stickles looked. It was a great reminder to go back to the tried and true treatments we like to use. Your coloring was superior! Thanks so much for joining in!

    He IS Able,
    Traci S.

    ReplyDelete
  150. Oh my....where to start....stunning, breath taking, not enough adjectives to describe this card. I think the crowning touch is the message in the bottle. How clever and inspirational. I am bowled over...thank you very very much.

    ReplyDelete
  151. This card is just Gorgeous!!! The paper, the little frame, the bottle.......just everything about it.

    Thank you so much for sharing.
    Carol Froehlich

    ReplyDelete
  152. You must have been hopping up and down when you found that frame! Its perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  153. Your card is fabulous, I love the frame and the bottle charm you added and all the other details.

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you!