Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Welcome to the ODBD June Release Blog Hop!!!

Hello everyone! Welcome to the June Release Blog Hop!!! Kelley has some awesome sets for you this month!!! The Design Teams have been having a blast playing with them and we know you are going to want them!!! So today, our hop is all about these fabulous sets! There are no secret words to collect, no email to send... just a fun blog hop.

If you arrived here from Connie’s blog, you are in the right place! If you just happened on my blog you might want to go to the ODBD blog and start from there!!!
Here is what you have to do to be eligible to win one of the prizes:

  • Hop to each blog, leave a comment on each one.
  • Return to the ODBD Blog Hop post and leave a comment there telling us that you completed the hop and left everyone comments.
  • If for any reason you cannot leave a comment, please give us the name/s of the designers you were unable to leave comments for... and you'll still be qualified for the drawing.

Here's the fun part! There are THREE prizes of $15.00 Gift Certificates to the ODBD Store, but they are hidden on three different designer's blogs, and even the designers don't know themselves who has them yet!!!
  • The Blog Hop will run from 8am Eastern June 1 through 8pm Eastern June 2.
  • At that time the three designers with the prizes will be notified and they will randomly select their winner from their commenters. (So be sure to leave comments on all their blogs!)
  • They will check the ODBD post to be sure the person they draw has left their comment there, stating that they have completed the hop....
  • Then they will give the name to Grace, and the winners will be announced on Sat. the 5th along with the Shining the Light Challenge! Good luck and have fun!!!

For my card, I used Scripture Series 1 and Fleur de Lis Borders:

ODBD 128

ODBD 129 ODBD 130

I made the flowers from cupcake papers I found at Michael’s for $1! I just cut them in a spiral, rolled them and scrunched them up a little.

ODBD 135 

I attached the pearl Drew Drops and buttons with the super strong mini Glue Dots which were the perfect size. I think I’ll go back and grab up the other cupcake paper designs!

ODBD 127

Thanks for stopping by! From here, the next stop on the hop is Randi

***AND, if you’re looking for my BLOGOVERSARY CELEBRATION CANDY you can find that HERE.***

Card Recipe
Stamp: ODBD Scripture Series 1 and Fleur de Lis Borders
Ink: Versamark, Tim Holtz Tea Dye Distress
Paper: Memory Box Frond, Stampin Up (Bordering Blue, Close to Cocoa, Old Olive), Prismatic Tawny Dark
Accessories: Martha Stewart punches (Pine Needles Edge, Frond), Paula Dean cupcake papers, Zva Creative small double flourish pearls, Making Memories Greenhouse Paperie buttons, Pearl Dew Drops, Ranger Super Fine Black Detail embossing powder, brown embossing powder, mini Glue Dots

121 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous Lorelie!!! I love this verse and the framing is gorgeous.... love your flowers and pearls on buttons!!! So much to take in and all beautiful, as always! Hugs,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous Lorelie!!! I just love how you framed the verse and your flowers are fantastic!!!! Fabulous card!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOve, love, love this Lorelie. How clever to make your flowers out of cupcake papers! You are truly a crafting genius.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AAAAWWW! Simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What gorgeous work for this really inspiring verse. Great job with the flowers! TFS!
    Kris, Wadsworth, OH

    ReplyDelete
  6. How beautiful! Love all of your embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful! love the little roses you made from cupcake holders. I saw those at Michaels, but passed them by :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great button flower! and of course, great card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. no way...cupcake papers!! beautiful card Lor, and next time I'm at Mike's I'm gonna be on the lookout!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is stunning Lorelie!! Love how you created the border with the MS fig punch and your button flowers are gorgeous!! You are so creative!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like the fleu de lis, but you captivated me with your cupcake flowers! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How lovely! The pearl work makes the card so elegant. Great stitchwork, too. Hugs. Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous card...I like the idea of cupcake paper for the flowers...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the flowers. Just goes to show you can use anything if you put some thinking into it. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW! Your use of embellishments is absolutely stunning! Love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lorelie,

    What can I say that hasn't already been said...another stunner and one more for me to drool over, I love it

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful! And I love your embellishments! This hop has the most gorgeous creations!

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVELY card! Love the paper flowers, pearls, stitching, choice of colors, border punches, EVERYTHING!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card, love how you did the flowers with the button and pearls, so creative

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your card and the little roses are sooo sweet...lots of details!
    Thanks for sharing! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card!!! I love the little roses with the dew drops, so delicate! I'm glad I went on this hop, I have seen such beautiful cards!!!!! Thanks to you and the other ladies for the wonderful inspirational artwork!!!

    Crafty Hugs,
    Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a nice card! I love your flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a clever and creative woman you are using those cupcake holders for flowers, wow! The warm cool colors (can something be cool and warm?)are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful card, love the colours, and your gorgeous flowers.
    Love and hugs
    Emma and Susan
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. this is such a pretty card-and a wonderful scripture-love the flowers and what you used to make them

    ReplyDelete
  26. what alot of different elements you used. very pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I would hate to have to pick, but this is one of my favorite all time cards. I love that your used the cupcake papers. The flowers are beautiful. I am ready to rush out and buy some. Thank you so much for sharing this card and your talent. I love look forward to your blog and seeing what you have done. You are truly an inspirtion to me. Patty S

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lovely! I have some awesome cupcake papers that would make lovely flowers ~ can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Luv this card. Your flowers are wonderful. I really like the border set used. Very lovely and inspiring.
    Marcie

    ReplyDelete
  30. So Pretty....I love your DP and your flowers are awesome....what a great idea using cupcake paper....how clever.....thank you for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love the details you incorporated in your card! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow- what a beautiful card! And how creative your paper flowers are!

    ReplyDelete
  33. You did a beautiful job on this card. Thank you for sharing your ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Absolutely gorgeous card, I love the details, you put a lot of thought into this one, once again the sentiment is very touching and heartwarming

    ReplyDelete
  35. Such a labor of love with this card. Stitching was all over this card. I used to be a seamstress in my other life I joke...now I stamp...
    Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  36. Gorgeous card! Love the flowers and all the details put into it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  37. What a beauty, Lorelie! I love those fabulous flowers and pearl swirls. Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Thanks for the cupcake liner tip...that is so cute!! As is this card...beautiful and a great way to showcase these stamps...love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Cupcake papers! Who knew??? How clever of you and it's a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Beautiful card- I love the wrapped flowers- cupcake wrappers, huh? That is awesome! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  41. Very pretty, love the pearls in the flowers also.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Great ideas! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Beautiful card, love the pearls

    ReplyDelete
  44. So many lovely layers! And, what a comforting verse!?!

    ReplyDelete
  45. I love the card, especially the flowers. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  46. This is AMAZING! You added just the perfect detail to this beautiful scripture! Awesome flowers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  47. I love your use of the pearls and stitching... and the fact that your scripture is popped up and not on the same layer as the fleur de leis border... very nice design... TFS

    ReplyDelete
  48. Wow, Lorelie! This card is magnificent! I love the detailing, and the verse. But flowers out of cupcake liners? What a clever crafter you are - they are gorgeous! Thank you for sharing your talents! Hugs, Magi Duncan

    ReplyDelete
  49. What a beautiful card Lorelie.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  50. Now who would have thought about cupcake papers! Gotta get some!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Lorelie,

    What a beautiful card. Love, Love the flowers --- made with cupcake papers --- quite smart!!!
    thanks for sharing with us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Great technique! Your creativity is off the chart!!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Lorelie, this is so stunning!!! The colors and the way you have framed this wonderful scripture out....awesome!!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  54. Well, aren't you he smart cardmaker. Those flowers are so sweet and nonfattening. Even if they were made with cupcake liners. Hee hee.
    Sharon L

    ReplyDelete
  55. And you make it sound so easy... A great card, lovely cupcake-liner flowers, terrific layout. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  56. Beautiful and clever! Those flowers are amazing!!! I like how you used a square frame around a fat oval.

    ReplyDelete
  57. Love this card! The colors, the flowers, the pearls, the ribbon, the paper. . .most of all the verse! Great job! Jan E.

    ReplyDelete
  58. I love this verse. The flowers are so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  59. Absolutely GORGEOUS!! I LOVE your colors and those beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  60. What a novel idea for making flowers! Wow. Think I'm off the Michals too!

    ReplyDelete
  61. The flowers are so unique. Very good use of altered item.

    ReplyDelete
  62. What a unique way to create flowers! Your card is gorgeous in every detail!

    ReplyDelete
  63. Stunning card...what a great idea on making flowers...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  64. Love all the detail in your creation, and it all serves to accentuate that beautiful scripture.
    Thank you for blessing us with your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  65. I love you using the cupcake papers. Very inventive. I'll be looking for more ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  66. Love, love Love your creative juices girl! The card is beautiful and the flowers - outrageous! Nothing better than designing on a literal dime ;) Great job and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  67. Beautiful card! I love the flowers you made from cupcake liners.

    ReplyDelete
  68. Gorgeous card! How creative to make cupcake papers into flowers!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  69. Lorelie, your card is as always gorgeous. And those flowers are amazing my friend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  70. Beautiful color combination! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  71. Lorelie, you card is super cool. What a creative way to make a flower. Great verse!

    ReplyDelete
  72. Wow, what an awesome idea! I have just become obsessed with making flowers, paper, ribbon, this is definitely going on my "to try" list!
    As usual, your work makes me smile and my jaw drop!!

    ReplyDelete
  73. gorgeous card, cool flowers!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  74. I love the blues on your card, pretty combo. I like how you laid it out also, using the verse and frame, cool.

    ReplyDelete
  75. What a totally gorgeous card. Love the flowers and how awesome that they were created from cupcake wrappers!

    ReplyDelete
  76. Your work is always so well put together. I love the way the verse is set within the frame. Good Work as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  77. This is an awesome card. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  78. This is a beautiful card! I love the colors, the framed verse, and the ingenious cup cake paper flowers! You are so creative! Bless you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  79. You are so creative-love what you did to make the flowers- perhaps a tutorial on these , please / :-)

    ReplyDelete
  80. Absolutely love,love,loooove those flowers. I am going to do them! What an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  81. Beautiful card!!! I love the colors, and love the flowers you made!!!
    Hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  82. I love the DP that you combined. Very nice!! Beautiful card and I like the flowers too!!

    Thank you for sharing.
    Carol Froehlich

    ReplyDelete
  83. This is completely and utterly lovely! Great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  84. Great color combo and design. Love the extra details with your Michael's find! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  85. Stunning card! Great flowers made with the cupcake holders. How clever!

    ReplyDelete
  86. Awesome, awesome, awesome, Lorelie. Brilliant with the cupcake wrappers!! You go girlfriend!!

    ReplyDelete
  87. Very beautiful! I love how you made the flowers out of the cupcake papers!

    Thanks so much for sharing!

    ~Ola
    okj83 at live dot com

    ReplyDelete
  88. Lovely card - love the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  89. Very beautiful, creative and thrifty! You can't beat that. What a wonderful card.

    YaYa

    ReplyDelete
  90. Beautiful!! So cute details!
    Hugs
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  91. Love everything about this card..colors, punches, cupcake paper flowers. What a great reminder that we should always be open to new & different uses for special finds.

    ReplyDelete
  92. Absolutely love the flowers and the colors on this card. Great ideas

    ReplyDelete
  93. Fabulous card!!! I'm running (not walking) to Michael's as soon as I'm done with the Blog Hop. Just love your flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  94. I really like the way you layered the sentiment up over the frame - very effective and not something I'd have thought of trying.

    ReplyDelete
  95. Beautiful! I love your layout and those cupcake liner flowers are so cute!
    ~Elena Lin

    ReplyDelete
  96. This is beautiful!! And how clever you are making those flowers. They are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  97. Beautiful card. Love the cupcake flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  98. Wowza, Lor!! I just LOVE those flowers you created out the the cupcake papers! Soooo creative!

    ReplyDelete
  99. Very creative flowers...I think I need to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  100. Wow! This is a gorgeous card, and I'm still in awe of your cleverness with the flowers! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  101. How smart of you to use the cupcake holders. Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  102. Mighty French looking, Lorelie, and a mighty sharp card if I say so myself. Thank you for the very neat idea with the cupcake papers. I would never have thought of that myself. I will be experimenting with them.
    Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  103. Another stunning design! Love the overall look and attention to detail. This is a gorgeous card. Cupcake papers....who would have thought! YOU! Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  104. Well how gorgeous is this card and I love the 'novel' flowers.
    HW

    ReplyDelete
  105. love your gorgeous card...the paper flowers with the pearls are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  106. Lorelie - who besides you (who are so creative) would ever see flowers made from those cupcake papers! Amazing. Thank you for sharing your beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  107. The card and embellishments are absolutely gorgeous! I love the cupcake flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  108. The card is beautiful and those little pearl buttons just put it over the top!
    Thanks for making and showing it!

    ReplyDelete
  109. Your creativity astounds me. So many beautiful details displaying such a wonderful Bible verse.

    ReplyDelete
  110. Just beautiful Lorelie! I love the pretty layers and subtle colors here, along with those fabulous blossoms!

    ReplyDelete
  111. Lor, your creativity is amazing!!! Wow, what a masterpiece!! I love every little detail....those flowers are KILLER!!! Love ya, GF!!

    ReplyDelete
  112. Beautiful and so funny on those cupcake holders. I did actually try that but mine was a bust - in the trash but LOOK at yours, maybe I need to give it another try! Hugs, Jane

    ReplyDelete
  113. Hello

    very interesting blog
    Boxes make very beautiful

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you!